• Show
Clear All
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

NS Jammed 3rd row seat cam.

FIXED!

Does anyone know how to open the drivers side cam/hinge on the third row seats? Ive soaked it in wd40 which helped a little but not enough.

Passenger side cam is fine and releases. The seats fold fine also.

(UPDATE)
    Ok so after lots examening i found the problem. There is a metal pin on each cam assembly that seats the cam. The drivers side cam had slipped of the pin preventing its release. I was able to re-seat it by removing the passenger side and pushing the whole seat towards the drivers side and lifting. This did the job! It then all came out with no effort the way it is meant too.

Passengers side

Drivers side

Cam seat

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seigried; 29-12-16, 06:36 PM. Reason: FIXED!
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Seigfried:
    Thank you for that - I will check tomorrow in daylight. Eventually I did get it to move, but only after heaving on a crowbar, so I may have even bent something (hope not)...

For what it is worth, the seat assembly seemed as if the hinges were stuck both sides, so maybe I have to check both sides???

Comment

• Seigried
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2016
      • brisbane

Im not sure why they Jam. My NS does it sometimes. But the NW does not, i even measured the seats and brackets and there the same.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• uncompromise
        • Jun 2020
        • France

Hi all; is this is the issue i’m having, but after trying this solution and not getting anywhere, I’m concerned that getting any more forceful with it is likely to bend / break something and turn this into even more of an issue down the line.

Am I correct that if the next step is to unbolt the entire assembly from the floor? And if so, does anyone know if that requires removing the interior trim, or if it’s simply a matter of removing the two bolts I can see when I open the access hatch?

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

If it's anything like the swb split seats, just a matter of removing the plastic covers at the seat base and unbolting and lifting them out. Unsure of the lwb but the swb are reasonably heavy. In the swb there is no trim that needs removing
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X