• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insect_eater
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Canberra

I've had an manual NW and have a manual NX. Both have been shuddery and knocky on take up other than on the flat. My NX has an impressive shudder if I try to reverse up an incline. A previous MM technician said that he could remove a similar shudder in the NW with a new clutch if I wanted.

I've concluded that it is not worth worrying about until I neded a new clutch.

Some (manual?) NWs (mine included) stressed their gearbox and motor mounts enough to need replacement. Before they break, they can become quite elastic. If this is the case, the gear lever will leap from side to side at start and shut-down and sometimes knock. Mine kept whacking me in the leg until they replaced the mounts.

I don't know if the two conditions are related, but they could be.
    NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Similar issue with my manual transmission NW Pajero. When I start or stop the engine, the gear lever thrashes around wildly. I have had the gearbox and engine mounts replaced under warranty and that seemed to tame it down a bit but lately I have noticed that it is doing the same thing again. I guess I'll have to live with it.

Comment

• chase1
        • Jun 2018
        • Nambucca Valley

Thanks for the feedback re: shudder.
        Mitsubishi service are blaming a worn out clutch, but note its not slipping. They are also replacing the engine and gearbox mounts under warranty. I'll post back if they come up with anything else.

Thanks again.

Comment

• NJV6
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • New Zealand

My NT doesn’t make he gear lever violently move on shutdown but it does shudder in third gear if you get below probably 1300 rpm, like going round a corner in town. I put it down to just it being a large capacity unrefined Diesel engine.
          1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
          1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
          2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X