Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Bought 2011 NT Platinum ( rant & service )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanastasis
    • May 2013
    • Victoria

Bought 2011 NT Platinum ( rant & service )

Hi everyone,

i finally upgrading from my 95 3.5 DOHC manual Pajero to a 2011 NT Platinum Manual DID

very happy with the car, QLD to NSW 1100k drive without any issues, Well that was until i got home before taking it for a blue slip to change rego over.

noticed engine oil leak, took it to blue slip people and they said its coming from behind the timing chain cover. ( they refused blue slip ) they recommended me taking it to an authorised Mitsubishi service centre to be fixed.

I took it to my local Mitsubishi service centre. i informed Mitsubishi the blue-slip station inspected the car and the oil is leaking from behind the timing cover.

days went by without hearing anything from them.

it wasn't until i contacted them to follow up the progress on my car. they told me $1300 approx to fix the oil leak ( sump gasket ), yep ok no problems. let me know when its fixed.

mind you very rude service from Mitsubishi. i expected better...

first ever phone call received by Mitsubishi telling me the car is fixed and ready to be picked up, so i picked up my car and again proceeded to the blue-slip station, again they failed me and said "have you fixed the leak ? its still the same", apologised to blue-slip station and left for Mitsubishi

like really ?

called up Mitsubishi up and explained the problem, they were very rude stating they fixed the issue and that it should not be leaking. i told them that my blue-slip was failed due to massive oil leak, they requested me to bring in the car again to be looked at on Monday, i told them i was on my way back in to drop the car off, they stated they are about to close the doors at 5pm. I replied really ? i just picked up a car you claim to fix and cost over $1300 and you wont wait 10 minutes to drop it off ? ( long story short they waited )

when i got there, the lady was quite angry with me, as if she was embarrassed and very defensive.

I again explained what the blue-slip station said, that the oil is coming from behind the timing case, the lady replied "do you want me to get on my hands and knees to check it ? i'm not a mechanic"

i replied "really ? what's the problem ? you failed in fixing my car and this is how i'm treated ?"

any ways my rant is over but i have some questions please

1. cost engine sump gasket replacement ( unsure if i got ripped off for $1300 )
    2 cost front main seal replacement
    3. is this common attitude from Mitsubishi ?
    4. reputable mechanics between Illawarra to Sydney area, willing to travel

Thank you
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Unfortunatly its all too common with mitsubishi dealerships. The only time I have had good service from them was when my nw was still new. And that was the wollongong one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

I'd be making an appointment to have a chat with the Service Manager - stay calm and explain the issue - I find they usually appreciate feedback & will act to remedy. I have a good dealer here, but there appear to be some not so good ones out there. As with any business dealings, I find it worthwhile to establish a good rapport with them, but they need to be willing to do the right thing also, or I go elsewhere.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Paj11
        • Jun 2017
        • Sydney

Paul Wakeling Mitsubish service centre at Campbeltown are pretty good, I had a warranty issue and they went out of the way to sort it out, the lead mechanic and service manager we’re good, also JC Diesel at Narellan are very reputable, haven’t used them but helped a friend of mine out over the phone, actually took the time to explain what the problem maybe. Both close to Wollongong.
        2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

The odds of finding a decent dealer of any brand is the same as winning lotto.

We used a dealer we didn't purchase the Pajero from for warranty, never had it serviced there and they were and still are brilliant.

Air bag and blinker stalk recalls were all done while i waited. In and out in 45 minutes. No leave it and come back at 4PM stuff.

Our mechanic fitted a new SCV. We thought we would have the relearn done. Our local MM dealer said all day and $250. Drove 20ks to our usual MM dealer. . One hour and $110 thank you.
          Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 07-12-19, 12:36 PM. Reason: oops. Changed 2ks to 20ks.

Comment

• vanastasis
            • May 2013
            • Victoria

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
            I'd be making an appointment to have a chat with the Service Manager - stay calm and explain the issue - I find they usually appreciate feedback & will act to remedy. I have a good dealer here, but there appear to be some not so good ones out there. As with any business dealings, I find it worthwhile to establish a good rapport with them, but they need to be willing to do the right thing also, or I go elsewhere.

Hi,

i already spoke to the service manager, and omg, female manager

has something to prove, not very nice at all, so much attitude

been looking around, might check out the Campbelltown Mitsubishi or MRT Performance Sydney

sad as i expected better, when i did buy my new car from Pembers Mitsubishi ( Woonona ) they were awesome, couldn't be more happy. how things change now.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2019
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by vanastasis View Post
              Hi,

i already spoke to the service manager, and omg, female manager

has something to prove, not very nice at all, so much attitude

been looking around, might check out the Campbelltown Mitsubishi or MRT Performance Sydney

sad as i expected better, when i did buy my new car from Pembers Mitsubishi ( Woonona ) they were awesome, couldn't be more happy. how things change now.
              Not really much point talking to department heads, the man that is unhappy with customers that are reasonable & have a point is the bloke called dealer principal
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• vanastasis
                • May 2013
                • Victoria

Awesome news (not), its a cracked block (how does this even happen?)

dealer (not Mitsubishi) fixing it, roughly 9k

engine 103k second hand & r&r

what else can go wrong ?

Mitsubishi have the job of r&r with dealer supplied engine.

no real faith in Mitsubishi considering they charged over $1300 for sump gasket (no refund for poor diagnosis)

then returned for still same oil problem they find out its the block

Comment

• pharb
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Tyers,Vic

Cracked block???

Wow. I haven't heard of a cracked block in a modern car since the 2.6L Astron engines in the last of the Sigma's.
                  PCOV Member 1107.
                  Daily driver NX GLX
                  Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                  Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                  Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• vanastasis
                    • May 2013
                    • Victoria

Originally posted by pharb View Post
                    Cracked block???

Wow. I haven't heard of a cracked block in a modern car since the 2.6L Astron engines in the last of the Sigma's.

Yep, well that's what Mitsubishi has told the car dealership.

any ways, the car finally going to MRT in Rhodes Sydney. again changed

at this point, I just want the car fixed, quite over it now.

2 weeks without car, hope next week i'll finally have it, fingers crossed nothing else comes up.

anyone else have such issues like this ?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X