Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 17-02-14

Cool glow plug Controller

Hi Team
yes the glow plug controller is clicking away and causing a few issues, have been to the local wrecker nil in stock, been to the local mitsi dealer and none being made anymore...... what the!! it's a 92 Pajero with a 4d56t.

was wondering if you cant get them anymore, has any overridden the glow plug system and made a manual system where you need to hold a button down to activate the glow plugs???
Old 18-02-14

The controller may be okay there's a high current relay under the bonnet that the controller "controls" thereby operating the glow plugs . That relay is readily available , you could check that or get a wreckers one. Also the controllers vary from year to year . One other thing you can open them up and replace the small relay inside if indeed it's that that is playing up.
Old 18-02-14
Valued Member

My J-top does that & when I can spare some cash I'll chase up a controller from bogger. In the meantime to prevent damage to new set of glow-plugs, I disconnect the control-wire to glow-plug relay (light-gauge wire w/spade-connector) once I've started it & motor stays warm enough for a restart for the rest of the day. Suspect moisture seeped into both units, but I've only rebuilt the relay & will replace it as there's no guarantee it'll stay sealed.

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"
Old 18-02-14
Valued Member

I'm quite sure the relays are no problem to replace and as for the controller I think the stuff should be fixable too.
After all it is nothing more than a timing circuit and so everything I found in terms of "electronics" in my beast it is all old school - no SMD, no fancy chips, just basics.
My controller still works fine but if anyone needs a repair due to unavailable parts I'm happy to take a look and try to fix it.
Old 07-04-15

Smile Fixed

Hi guys thanks for the responses
You won't beleive what was wrong with the old girl.......
The Fault was the alternator the glowplug controller picks up a signal from alt/ Batt charging that then tells it that the vehicle is running and turns off the glow plugs.... due to the Alt failing no signal or lack of was causing relay to turn on off on off you get the picture, drove me nuts
new alt all fixed