Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-03-12
kanga kanga is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 7
Default GLX or Platinum

Is the the platinum worth the etc $$ or is it better getting the GLX and upgrading the bits you really need. I hear the MCCS is not the best and an option is just to buy a good Nav system etc. Im about to lay down some money to purchase a new vehicle so Im pumping this forum with these sort of questions..Appoligies in advance..
cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-03-12
pauld's Avatar
pauld pauld is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,246
Default

$58990 Platinum Additional Features include:
  • MMCS with reverse camera and satellite navigation
  • Front and rear air conditioning
  • Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers
  • Integrated side steps
- I wouldn't bother with the sat nav personally, better off to do your own thing. The GLXs have a reverse cameras in the mirror anyway.
- Rear air.... depends I guess, if you think you will use the 3rd row seats often then it might be a good idea but if not I think the front is more than adequate.
- Auto headlights, have them on my other car, they're good but I wouldn't pay for them.
- Factory side steps are a waste of time off road - if that is what you are planning. Bushskinz steps are the way to go.

There are some good deals on car sales at the moment, sort into 2012 & then by price - e.g. a white GLX (4km demo) in NSW for $54K drive away, advertising climate control.... is that standard on a GLX?
__________________
2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-03-12
Paj People 2009's Avatar
Paj People 2009 Paj People 2009 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunny Gold Coast, QLD
Posts: 2,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld View Post
$58990 Platinum Additional Features include:
  • MMCS with reverse camera and satellite navigation
  • Front and rear air conditioning
  • Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers
  • Integrated side steps
- I wouldn't bother with the sat nav personally, better off to do your own thing. The GLXs have a reverse cameras in the mirror anyway.
- Rear air.... depends I guess, if you think you will use the 3rd row seats often then it might be a good idea but if not I think the front is more than adequate.
- Auto headlights, have them on my other car, they're good but I wouldn't pay for them.
- Factory side steps are a waste of time off road - if that is what you are planning. Bushskinz steps are the way to go.

There are some good deals on car sales at the moment, sort into 2012 & then by price - e.g. a white GLX (4km demo) in NSW for $54K drive away, advertising climate control.... is that standard on a GLX?

Agree with this post, but adding the extras on yourself usually always costs more...

The best thing about the Platinum is the re-sale value. Always good to have a "special edition". The upgraded stereo is pretty good too.
__________________
SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-03-12
wongapaj wongapaj is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wonga Park
Posts: 131
Default

I never realised how much the rear AC would keep the dog happy. Keeps him really settled.
__________________
NT 30th Anniversary, 3.2 Diesel, Manual, Black, Tinted Windows, HID Lo & Hi, MM Towbar, Prodigy P3, Stebel Horn, MMCS Override, Scangauge II, Dual Battery, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ORU12 Winch, IPF HID Driving lights, UHF, Diff Breathers, D697s, Airtec Snorkel. HD Suspension, Bushskinz
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-03-12
Traveller43's Avatar
Traveller43 Traveller43 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
Agree with this post, but adding the extras on yourself usually always costs more...

The best thing about the Platinum is the re-sale value. Always good to have a "special edition". The upgraded stereo is pretty good too.
I also agree about the resale value of a special edition, however that really is dependent on how long you intend to keep the vehicle. If you were selling within the first 3or 4 years then yes it is probably worth something. If you are going to keep it for 10 years or more then it is less of an issue.

I bought the NT RX last year at a great price however with all the modifications I did unless the next time I am looking to buy a 4WD "special edition" it is almost the same price as the GXL then I would buy the GXL. (Indeed I might actually consider the base model GL and trick it up to my custom requirements)

I have no need of the rear aircon as I have removed the rear seat and installed drawers, I took off the side steps and replaced them with rock sliders (happily was able to sell the alloy steps to offset the cost). I do like the HID lights but in reality even when off-roading and holidaying I do almost no night driving and in the metro area HID wouldn't be an upgrade I would pay for.

This Pajero is a 10 to 12 year proposition for me and armed with the knowledge I have now if I were making the decision again I might have chosen the GXL instead.

I certainly wouldn't be looking to be buying a "special edition" model if the price took me into the luxury car tax bracket. The list price of an NW Platinum Pajero is about $65,000 and in that price you would be paying about $2000 in luxury tax. I know pricing for the NW on special is more like $60,000 but that still exceeds the cap and attracts the luxury tax, albeit a relatively small amount.

For more details on luxury tax follow this thread link.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...luxury+car+tax
__________________
Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-03-12
Pickle's Avatar
Pickle Pickle is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: All over Oz
Posts: 6,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller43 View Post
The list price of an NW Platinum Pajero is about $65,000 and in that price you would be paying about $2000 in luxury tax. I know pricing for the NW on special is more like $60,000 but that still exceeds the cap and attracts the luxury tax, albeit a relatively small amount.

For more details on luxury tax follow this thread link.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...luxury+car+tax
$59k at the show Plus haggling.
Dave
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-03-12
Macster Macster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 178
Default

Dealer still has more to go at $59k. I won't say exactly what I paid, but safe to say a good negotiator should be able to knock a couple more thou off that price...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15-03-12
Lurch Lurch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 105
Default

I bought the GLX and there aint no reverse camera on it, mirror or otherwise, single CD instead of a stacker, no rear air but I dont sit there so I dont care, black door handles on a white car yet out 09 platinum has black handles too albeit on a silver car.
Aside from that I cant seperate either of them so Isuppose it depends how important the fruit is to you.
That being said, I would love to have the reverse camera as it would be real peace of mind when the kids are playing.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15-03-12
pauld's Avatar
pauld pauld is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,246
Default

Reverse camera in mirror is on MM website & in cars on car sales, perhaps this was added after you bought...
__________________
2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15-03-12
Trish's Avatar
Trish Trish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
I bought the GLX and there aint no reverse camera on it, mirror or otherwise, single CD instead of a stacker, no rear air but I dont sit there so I dont care, black door handles on a white car yet out 09 platinum has black handles too albeit on a silver car.
Aside from that I cant seperate either of them so Isuppose it depends how important the fruit is to you.
That being said, I would love to have the reverse camera as it would be real peace of mind when the kids are playing.
I bought the GLX for a good price just a few weeks ago, this one has a reverse camera in the mirror (great stuff ), black door handels (which I think look great on the dark grey plus don't scratch as easily as the painted ones I had on my recent car), no rear aircon (but the luggage won't mind that). Never had automatic headlights and wipers so don't really miss that. And from what you can read everywhere the factory side steps are a nuissance rather than a feature.

I would go for the GLX and use the ~ 6000 bucks saved for more useful features that you really want to have .
__________________
2011 MY12 NW Pajero GLX DiD Auto - graphit grey.
Bridgestone D694 275/65/17LT, full set of Bushskinz, Smartbar, T-Max 9000lb winch, Airtec Snorkel... more to come....soon (still have a very long wishlist)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 pajero glx platinum tristam Generation 4-2 Pajero 44 25-05-11 04:44 PM
92 GLX hulk walk of shame Generation 2 Pajero 7 12-04-11 06:12 AM
GLS - GLX ? Main Differences ? Pajero_Pete Generation 4-1 Pajero 6 04-06-09 09:21 PM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.