Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 29-09-10

Default Another Platinum

Hi All,
Yes another thread about the platinum so please be civil. I have today placed an order for a platinum NT petrol auto-ironbark in color with scuff plates for the kids to aim at,alloy b/bar, tow bar,etc .
This is my first foray into diamond territory after having a GU patrol which I had to trade after my wife became pregnant and did not like climbing into a 6" lifted truck.
A truck is a fair description of it even before it was lifted as when I test drove the Prado/Pajero recently It was clearly evident that much had changed in 8yrs.
I have many questions to ask but will start with this, I wish to change the tyres to AT upon receipt of vehicle and have contacted a couple of tyre retailers for quotes and they have asked what size/brand/model tyre is fitted?
Can those who have recently received their Platinum's please tell me the info on the tyres as to what was originally supplied from the factory?
Anyway thanks in advance and our family are looking forward to getting dirty again.
Cheers, Brad.
Old 29-09-10
Valued Member

Congrats. Bridgestone Dueller H/T 265/65/17. I think Zero and Dion's have Bridgestone as well.

I have seen the earlier/first arrivals with yokohama Geos.

Old 29-09-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post
Congrats. Bridgestone Dueller H/T 265/65/17. I think Zero and Dion's have Bridgestone as well.

I have seen the earlier/first arrivals with yokohama Geos.
Yes congrats on your choice. We love the Ironbark colour. Affirmative, our tyres are as Bing states.

Cheers
Old 29-09-10

Gee you guys are fast on the replies and I thank you for them.
Old 30-09-10

I was thinking of the same thing.

Bob Jane HAD a special for 265x65(or 70? can't remember)x17 Dueller AT (LT version, delivered by mistake so going cheap), all 5 replaced for $625!!! It was a FANTASTIC price.

But I did a fair bit of reading on the Dueller HT (stock tyres), and for me, mainly soft camping and beach driving, I decided to keep the HT.

The last two 4wd's I had (Prados) I ALWAYS changed, but they had Grand Trek's on them and were not that good.
Old 30-09-10
Valued Member

Yeah they all have the same Bridgestones...I changed mine to BFG A/Ts in the same 265/65/17...Was aiming for the Micky Thompson ATZ 4 Rib in the 265/70/17 but it makes getting the spare wheel cover on very tight...and i got over riden on the decision...

Gotta say i'm very impressed...Virtually no tyre noise considering the reasonably aggressive tread...

We get trade pricing and i think they were about $305 fitted...The Micky's were about $370
Old 30-09-10

Bob jane just gave me an exchange price of $800 for 4 x 275/65/17 BFG A/T, how does that sound? Does the spare wheel cover still fit with the slightly larger tyres.

Thanks again.
Old 30-09-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts1 View Post
Bob jane just gave me an exchange price of $800 for 4 x 275/65/17 BFG A/T, how does that sound? Does the spare wheel cover still fit with the slightly larger tyres.

Thanks again.
Sounds cheap to me...

Only way to know for sure is to take the car down and get them to fit up the spare first and try it...Might have a bit more of a gap on the side but with any luck it'll still attach ok...If the spare goes ok then go for the rest...

I did read somewhere a fella recon'd that 265/70/17's were an illegal fit in SA...
Old 30-09-10
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to peter92 Send a message via Skype™ to peter92

marty, sent email to you
regards peter
SKYPE NAME possum.58
Old 30-09-10

That sounds like a GREAT price.

My local 4wd shop were asking over $1200.... but I think they would just dispose of the Duellers.