Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 01-11-18
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
I won't mention suspension - I don't wish to jinx anything.
Nice to hear the mastens are going well. I really need to go down this route. You wont mention suspension, but I will. At a minimum, my left hand front has collapsed the top hat bushing again. This is their last chance

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 01-11-18
Valued Member

Cooper St Maxx, Kumho MT51 and now Toyo MT, driven hard and heavy on your Gen 4 in the harshest conditions that Australia can provide, surely it is about time someone paid for or at least gave you a better deal on tyres. nothing beats real life testing and honest impartial feedback, maybe that is the reason why!

Looking forward to see how these tyres go with great interest, need to catchup for a beer sometime!

Regards, OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 01-11-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Cooper St Maxx, Kumho MT51 and now Toyo MT, driven hard and heavy on your Gen 4 in the harshest conditions that Australia can provide, surely it is about time someone paid for or at least gave you a better deal on tyres.
Yes, that would be nice.

Quote:
Looking forward to see how these tyres go with great interest
Likewise. I've been interested in them for some time, but they've always been more expensive than alternatives, or out of stock. This time around, they ticked the box on price, and Web Suspension did a deal to get their hands on some for me.

Quote:
need to catchup for a beer sometime!
I'll be sinking a few tomorrow night - do you have time for an over-nighter?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 15-07-19
Resident

As I posted somewhere else, I went through four aftermarket low beam globes in two years, probably in no small part because I often drive with my headlights on - so I decided I should invest in some DRLs.

I did some googling, and made a discreet enquiry about solutions to replace the headlights with something that incorporates a DRL element, but nothing came up.

My NT came with a TJM bull bar, which looks something like:

Before anybody comments, the oil leak from the left side of the front diff arrived later, and the seal was recently replaced - but still leaking.

Google suggested an aftermarket replacement for the TJM parker / indicator combo, but dimensions on the various websites didn't match the physical reality of my bar. So I started searching for more generic DRLs, with or without indicators, and still didn't find much of interest.

I did find a genuine Mitsubishi DRL kit from Eagle Auto Parts, but the factory housings designed to replace NW fog lights didn't look like they'd fit easily. But, not having any better options, I took a punt and bought a kit.

The LED DRLs were only screwed into the factory housing, so I removed them and designed some custom 3D printed housings to accept the DRLs and mount into my bull bar. I also needed some replacement indicators, and the size & shape of the DRLs dictated something in the slimline style - so I found some suitably sized motorcycle LED indicators to incorporate. As usual, the entire process took much longer than anticipated, but as of this afternoon, I'm ready to see how long it all lasts. A new front plate looked a little bland when it was all flat, so I put some "features" into it, but I'm not sure I'm finished with that.

Long story short, the front of my NT now looks like:

I also want some black screws rather than the stainless cap screws in the pic, but that can wait - and probably won't ever happen.

The DRLs are much whiter than they appear in this photograph, and much brighter - actually very bright to look at, which I'm hoping is because I finished up at dusk on an overcast day.

I found the Mitsubishi kit to be quite impressive - everything for the DRLs was plug & play, and it all broadly worked as expected. Except when I reached the step to "back out" a pin from a factory plug, and insert a pin on an adaptor harness. Easy when you say it quickly, disastrous for me. I couldn't get the damned pin to "back out", and broke the wire off in the process. After much and it's back together and functioning, but one of the plug and socket pairs is on my bench, and I have a soldered joint under my dash.

The DRLs dim when the parkers come on (the instructions state to remove the parker globes from the headlights, but I didn't):

The new indicators work, but they're not really bright.

In reality, I believe there are enough factory indicators elsewhere on the vehicle to flash when I remember to use them, so I don't intend to lose too much sleep over it. Worst case, if I ever get in trouble for it, I'll need to find a different indicator, and re-design to suit.

For completeness, a photo with lights and dimmed DRLs:

So there it is: DRLs on my NT, and a loose plan in my head to find some better low beam globes, now that I can expect them to last longer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRLs - Before.jpg (83.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg DRLs - After.jpg (73.6 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg DRLs on.jpg (66.3 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg DRLs - Parkers.jpg (70.4 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg DRLs - Parkers & Hazards.jpg (67.4 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg DRLs - Headlights.jpg (65.2 KB, 138 views)

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 15-07-19
Valued Member

Awesome and very neat!

I didn’t realise there was a genuine Mitsubishi plug and play option. Well done.

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 16-07-19

That looks excellent. Do you have any images or dimensions for the actual lights please?
Old 16-07-19
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
That looks excellent. Do you have any images or dimensions for the actual lights please?
Sorry, I didn't think to take any photos of the lights while they were out.

The body of the LED DRL assembly is 141 x 31. This body sits square to the vehicle, but the factory bumper is angled - so the lens of the DRL protrudes from the body, and has an angled front face, and the angle just happened to work well with the angle of my bull bar. The lens cross-section is 135 x 25, and (from memory) about 65mm longer on one side than the other.

I measured the cutout in the bull bar at 217 x 61, which is on the angle - the "projected width" is less than 217mm, but I don't think I ever measured / calculated that.

The indicator strip is parallel to the face of the bull bar rather than "square", and I forgot to take this change in angle into account when choosing the LED strip - I have room for a longer strip than I originally thought. The strip is physically 123mm long, with cable coming out the end, but the LEDs are less than 100mm from one end to the other.

FYI, the original round housings are huge - about 200mm diameter, if not more. I took one look and abandoned any thought of using them.

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 16-07-19

Well done
I have also been thinking how to fit drl’s.
Stedi have a drl replacement for the fog lights to suit the ARB bar but not the TJM.
There are drl’s on eBay to replace the Parker/indicator, but I am dubious as to how bright they will actually be.
Old 16-07-19

Thanks for the measurements, I'll have a look on the weekend at the spot I'm thinking of.
Old 16-07-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoplaces View Post
Well done
I have also been thinking how to fit drl’s.
Stedi have a drl replacement for the fog lights to suit the ARB bar but not the TJM.
There are drl’s on eBay to replace the Parker/indicator, but I am dubious as to how bright they will actually be.
I had some, they were nice and bright, but to fit them to an arb deluxe bar was a pain, and I removed them when one failed.