Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Market place > Wanted

Old 18-07-18

Default WTB: Genuine MM SWB towbar

Hi all,

Im chasing a genuine Mitsubishi Motors short wheel base towbar. I currently have an after market Parkside tow bar fitted to my NT SWB but In a few weeks I am having an LRA Aux tank fitted so the Parkside towbar will have to go, but I still want the option to tow.

If anyone is willing to sell me a genuine MM swb towbar if they donít tow or swap for my Parkside towbar and cash your way if you do tow and donít plan on getting an LRA aux tank please message me.

I know itís a long shot but itís worth a try

Old 28-08-18

Anyone? I know someone is out there

PM me and let me make you an offer

Thanks
Matt
Old 05-11-18

Default SWB Tow bar

I have a lwb tow bar on my NSR. Pick one up anywhere for not a lot of money. I think 6 of the 10 bolts go straight in. I'm getting a fabricator mate to weld additional plate to the vertical tow bar plates to allow for the two extra bolts at the rear. The two bolts required at the front of that plate would need drilling through the chassis rails, which I'm not too keen on doing. Its not perfect i know, but I don't do heavy towing. I put it on too protect from being rear ended as much as anything.

Might be an option?...

Last edited by ShortyBen!; 05-11-18 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyBen! View Post
I have a lwb tow bar on my NSR. Pick one up anywhere for not a lot of money. I think 6 of the 10 bolts go straight in. I'm getting a fabricator mate to weld additional plate to the vertical tow bar plates to allow for the two extra bolts at the rear. The two bolts required at the front of that plate would need drilling through the chassis rails, which I'm not too keen on doing. Its not perfect i know, but I don't do heavy towing. I put it on too protect from being rear ended as much as anything.

Might be an option?...
Thanks Ben, I was unaware that the LWB piece was close to fitting at all. But I will be doing so decent towing so I would prefer the specific bar as much as a long shot that it will be to source one.
Old 01-06-19

Anyone out there?

PM me and let me make you an offer, you may be surprised
Old 02-06-19
Valued Member

Have you tried the wreckers, even interstate?

E.G., Eddy Wreckers at Gillman in Adelaide always have a lot of Pajero parts, are very helpful & will ship them - might be worth a call? (I have no association with them, but they have helped forum members in the past)
Old 02-06-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post

E.G., Eddy Wreckers at Gillman in Adelaide always have a lot of Pajero parts, are very helpful & will ship them - might be worth a call? (I have no association with them, but they have helped forum members in the past)
I was going to suggest the same. Another option worth exploring is if there are any towbar manufacturers in Perth who can make one that fits (surely there is). If you were in Adelaide here are several companies I could suggest.

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 09-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post

Thanks Spot01 and GeoPaj, Iíll give them a try.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Bump
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I feel your pain,
took me ages to find a Towbar.... ANY TOWBAR.... for my NL Shorty