Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 01-01-20

Default Phone holder for NW

After much procrastination related to removing the stupid card holder I stopped to think about what it was I was needing to achieve. In my case, my one major gripe is the lack of a solid place to stick two phones while driving long distance.

An hour on Inventor and a couple of false starts due to spatial awareness, and this is my first workable prototype.

Still needs plenty of tweeks to really make it sold, but I'm reasonably happy with it from a functionality perspective.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2884 - Copy.jpg (60.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2885 - Copy.jpg (61.5 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2887 - Copy.jpg (57.7 KB, 96 views)
Old 01-01-20
Valued Member

Looks good. I'm trying to work out the best holder for my NX without resorting to a window suction cup. I've got enough stuff stuck to the window as it is and don't need another one up there.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 01-01-20
Valued Member

Have a look at Holdmyphone.com.au

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=65174

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 02-01-20

I went the CD slot route. Don't use CD's anymore so got the Scosoche holder from JB Hi-fi.

Works really well.
Old 02-01-20
Valued Member

I use the glovebox...pity it wasnt mandatory...

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 02-01-20
Valued Member

How do you check your facebook if it's in the glovebox
Old 02-01-20
Valued Member

For those of us with out built in sat navigation, a phone in a cradle is handy for Google maps etc. Not to mention Torque pro, off road maps etc.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 02-01-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatto View Post
For those of us with out built in sat navigation, a phone in a cradle is handy for Google maps etc. Not to mention Torque pro, off road maps etc.

Ditto, use google maps alot for my work.

Have no problems with people having phones in a cradle, just with those stupid enough to be watching videos, using/watching social media etc.

Never forgot the time when I was driving a truck, and I could see the driver in the next lane in a security uniform with a large book of some sort splayed across the middle of the steering wheel and him appear to be reading whilst driving. What a ding bat.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 03-01-20

Check out Quadlock.
My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!
Old 03-01-20
Valued Member

As far as I know in Victoria at least, the phone is required by law to be in a cradle of some sort.
I have a tablet for navigation, the phone is just for calls.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.