Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 12-01-20
Valued Member

Default NL power antenna-operating the wrong way

Hi all.

While I had the LH guard off I fixed up the power antenna. Took ages swapping bits and pieces from the spare that I had, but got it sorted. Today I was putting the interior back together and thought I would test the radio out, trying the antenna while I was there.

On turning the radio on the antenna retracted, and after turning it off the antenna extended, and kept extending till it fell on the bonnet, and then kept going until all of the cable was run out of the motor.

Obviously its running reverse to what it is supposed to.

What I'm wondering is-what has gone wrong? I'm sure the wiring going to the motor is right, as I didn't play with that part. The radio is afterket JVC (will be replaced shortly for a bluetooth model). I would assume that all radio's would be 0v antenna signal when radio is off, and power when it is on.

Do you think I should just reverse the wiring to the antenna itself? Guard is back on, but I can possibly get to the wiring from under that plastic cover above wheel, or reverse the pins in the plug at the control unit behind the radio

Any other ideas why its running the way that it is?

Appreciate any advice

Cheers, Stu
Old 12-01-20
Valued Member

My guess is the wiring is backwards somehow.

If it was me, I’d swap it around and see how it went.

You should be able to get to it with the arch liner out.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 12-01-20
Valued Member

You can re thread the mast without removing the whole assembly.
Turn on the car and radio and set mast to full height. Remove the top collar nut and feed the rope down till it stops. Cut the ignition power and the sprocket will pick up the teeth and feed it in. Replace nut and cycle it a few times till it learns where it is.
I would say the rope was wound on manually while the motor was in the up position.
Old 12-01-20
Valued Member

Thanks guys. Tried reinserting the cable while turning it on and off. It's definitely working in reverse, pushing it out when turned off.

I checked the wiring manual from the Mitsubishi links site, plugs are different between mine and the manual. They show 9 pins and mine has 11, and wiring colors are different also. I guess I'll have to work it out the long way, unless someone knows the colors I'm looking for
Old 14-01-20
Valued Member

Found the 2 pins in the controller plug that drive the motor. Blue and green was one and the other was something similar. Reversed these and now it operates the correct way around. I was worried it wouldn't get the right signals from the antenna base for when to stop etc, but all was fine.

How these got reversed and when I have no idea, but it's wiring as it should.....for now