Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 15-10-19
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver
Default Trimming the hedgerow

An 8 day, 1800Km solo trek through the Wheatbelt and Western Goldfields.

Some exciting news to hand:

My first article on geotouring will be published in WA's premier 4wd magazine: Western 4W Driver, issue #113. Published in December. Go grab yourself a copy.

And come on down to the Perth 4WD and Adventure show where I take the stage at the fourbie forum at 1130am on both the Saturday and Sunday where I will discuss finding treasure in the bush. If you pass by, come say g'day.

Here's the first instalment of the trip:

https://youtu.be/NO4DzwdpQa4

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys

Last edited by sharkcaver; 24-10-19 at 02:16 PM.
Old 15-10-19

Default Trimming hedgerow !

Sorry mate but would you do a video your presentation please, 11.30pm is way past bedtime in my senior years !!

Assume you would be on at 11.30AM . Damn typo's

Well done on the publishing gig and great video too.

Cheers, Peter
Old 16-10-19

I thought the title 'Trimming the Hedgerow' was a family friendly way of mentioning that you'd had a Brazilian
Old 16-10-19

ooops, I work daily with 24 hour time, but it confuses most people so I revert back to a 12hr clock for the masses. Obviously, the 12 hr clock confuses me too

1130am is correct.

GB, there is hedge trimming coming in part III and a Brazillian coming in part II - me jocks needed a wash.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys

Last edited by sharkcaver; 24-10-19 at 02:17 PM.
Old 16-10-19

Another great video. Very interesting wall formation around the rocks to channel the water into the tank. You certainly had your fair share of flies on the trip. Regards Duncan
Old 16-10-19

The engineering on those rocks is fantastic hey. Lots of rocks here have that to channel water for storage.

NX build

My Journeys
Old 17-10-19
Valued Member

Looking at the tank from the drone view, it is massive indeed. The roof looks rather sad though. Was there any useable water in the tank? I imagine that with all those holes and the sunlight getting in, the water may be less than potable.
Old 17-10-19

Well done on getting your article published. Look forward to watching your latest trip.
Old 17-10-19

A couple of us were there on Sunday! Water not potable but sign says it is used for agric - spray water etc. the wall is complete and clearly maintained. It was a “susso” unemployment project in the late 1930s.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 24-10-19

The trip continues. Starting off with the inaugural Sharkcaver guided tour and ending up at a very special spot, one I haven't been to in 8 years.

https://youtu.be/6alZoOHUeRA

NX build

My Journeys