Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 14-08-18

Default Stereo Head unit upgrade

Friends

Reposting this from gen 4-1 sub forum to get wider attn

My 2008 cd changer has conked up. i managed to get aux But am looking at having an Usb. i really care is the sound production from the present factory set up.It is to my Taste at the sound levels i hear. I don't want to disturb the factory amp. I even like the OE look and. Can i fit in the fockford head unit which comes in the present gen pajero or previous. I am looking at USB connectivity. whats my best bet. Who can confirm if the 2018 or recent headunit will work with the existing amp and other electricals.
Old 14-08-18
Valued Member

I suspect that it will be difficult to define the differences between what is fitted to Pajeros in the Indian market and in Australia. Mitsubishi seem to have slight (or major) variation between inclusions in each level of trim in various markets.
A bit more information on what units are fitted to your Pajero could assist, also some photos if possible.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.
Old 14-08-18

Hi, i dont think there is any variation. Anyway some pics to help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0967.jpg (169.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20180618-WA0064.jpg (55.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20180618-WA0058.jpg (56.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20180621-WA0005.jpg (80.5 KB, 80 views)
Old 15-08-18
Valued Member

That looks the same as my 2011 VRX system - the woodgrain is reserved here for Exceed models. In my VRX there is a USB input located in the glovebox, I use a memory stick in that for music which is then accessible through the head unit. If you are happy with the unit's performance, and the problem is only with the CD changer, the simplest resolution might be to source the same unit with USB input from a wreckers yard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.
Old 15-08-18

Im really happy with the performance. Especially at the volume levels i hear which is pretty low, it sounds very crisp. i wanted to go aftermarket, my installer said i will lose out on performance since it may not work well with 12ch surround set up. Now the question is the newer headunit in recent models have the same components. only then it would work. can you give me the part number or pm me your vin no so that i can look up catalogue
Old 17-08-18
Valued Member

PM sent

Old 17-08-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz1 View Post
PM sent
Ive got it thanks. I googled what a pajero vrx is like. I noticed in youtube video that it doesnt have 12ch amplified system. will the srereo vrx work on it.