• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jasper26k
    • Sep 2010
    • Whyalla

NW Pajero Redarc Tow Pro Elite

Guys, I have a NW VRX that I am looking at buying a Redarc Tow Pro Elite Brake Controller for it, the question I have is Redarc do a specific wiring Harness kit for th NX Pajero 2017, and I want to know if that can be fitted to the NW. Redarc advised me that it was designed for the NX and don’t know if it will fit the NW, I am thinking it would be a fit but I’m not certain. Has anyone out there fitted it to their NW

Thanks in advance
  • tnor
    • Feb 2016
    • Dubbo, NSW

Originally posted by Jasper26k View Post
    Guys, I have a NW VRX that I am looking at buying a Redarc Tow Pro Elite Brake Controller for it, the question I have is Redarc do a specific wiring Harness kit for th NX Pajero 2017, and I want to know if that can be fitted to the NW. Redarc advised me that it was designed for the NX and don’t know if it will fit the NW, I am thinking it would be a fit but I’m not certain. Has anyone out there fitted it to their NW

Thanks in advance
    I have just had one fitted to an NW. The auto electrian did not want to use the harness which I had ordered but was late in delivery - he said that it would be quicker for him to run the wires himself than to run the harness and it's pre-fitted plugs. if you are fitting it yourself it might be safer, otherwise ask the person who is fitting it for an opinion. In my case, his total charge to fit was only $60 more than the harness itself, so I was obviously happy to send the harness back to the supplier, especially as it had arrived after I had dropped the Paj off to get a range of stuff fitted (new head unit, day time runing lights and a breakaway battery monitor)

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk
    Pajero NW MY13 GLX (x-NSW Police)
    OL Steel Bull Bar; HR tow bar; Cargo Barrier; Bushskinz intercooler & sump plates and side steps; 50mm lift kit and polyair bags; GME UHF radio; dual battery & rear power; roof bars; Kenwood head unit; Tow
    Pro brake controller; LED light bar and day-time running lights

Comment

• Paj11
      • Jun 2017
      • Sydney

Originally posted by tnor View Post
      I have just had one fitted to an NW. The auto electrian did not want to use the harness which I had ordered but was late in delivery - he said that it would be quicker for him to run the wires himself than to run the harness and it's pre-fitted plugs. if you are fitting it yourself it might be safer, otherwise ask the person who is fitting it for an opinion. In my case, his total charge to fit was only $60 more than the harness itself, so I was obviously happy to send the harness back to the supplier, especially as it had arrived after I had dropped the Paj off to get a range of stuff fitted (new head unit, day time runing lights and a breakaway battery monitor)

Who is your sparky?
      2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• tnor
        • Feb 2016
        • Dubbo, NSW

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
        Who is your sparky?
        In Dubbo? Cook's in Nth Dubbo

Pajero NW MY13 GLX (x-NSW Police)
        OL Steel Bull Bar; HR tow bar; Cargo Barrier; Bushskinz intercooler & sump plates and side steps; 50mm lift kit and polyair bags; GME UHF radio; dual battery & rear power; roof bars; Kenwood head unit; Tow
        Pro brake controller; LED light bar and day-time running lights

Comment

• burnham
          • May 2015
          • Brisbane QLD

I’ve had a tow pro elite on my NW for a few years now so there should be no problems getting one fitted. (Had mine done by a auto electrician). Couldn’t tell you how it’s been wired up, probably best to consult a pro.
          2012 NW Activ Bilstein/king spring 2inch lift, ARB bar, IPF lights, Safari snorkel, magnum winch, Dual batteries, GMC CB, ECU Remap, 3inc Stainless Steel Exhaust, Catch Can, Rear Draws.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

I was more inclined to use a genuine part. The MM harness MZ360265 should be about $100. Instructions come with it but are posted in this thread: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=49329

This thread has some interesting background information regards the harness: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=50262

Otherwise I don’t think there is any difference between the NX and NW.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• jimsutt
              • Jun 2012
              • Sydney

I installed the Redarc about 2 years ago, love it, I used the genuine MM harness, forgotten how much it was but very easy to install.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by jimsutt View Post
                I installed the Redarc about 2 years ago, love it, I used the genuine MM harness, forgotten how much it was but very easy to install.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Same here but 3 years ago...simple and NX will be the same.
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Jasper26k
                  • Sep 2010
                  • Whyalla

Thanks all, I think I will go with the MM harness, and the elite tow pro, appreciate the advice

Comment

• Peter5111
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Tasmania

I can't find the thread currently, but there there is quite a bit of subtle engineering going on with the genuine MM E-Brake harness. The MM guy who developed the Australian harness is a member here and had chimed in before with the rationale behind the design.

Short answer, do use the MM harness as it has an impact on how the computer software behaves.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Peter5111 View Post
                      I can't find the thread currently, but there there is quite a bit of subtle engineering going on with the genuine MM E-Brake harness. The MM guy who developed the Australian harness is a member here and had chimed in before with the rationale behind the design.

Short answer, do use the MM harness as it has an impact on how the computer software behaves.
                      I linked it in my post above, #6.
                      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Peter5111
                        • Jun 2014
                        • Tasmania

Comment

• Jasper26k
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Whyalla

Thanks Pete, that is the way I am going

Comment

Matched content