Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 09-06-16
Valued Member

Default 5 new General Grabber at2,s

Went in to have 5 new toyo at2,s fitted after being told they were in stock. Arrived and owner apologised saying someone had it wrong! I new yesterday that they didnt have any in stock. Anyway owner said that if I wanted to get 5 new 17/65/265 General Grabber AT2,s for total of $1100 I could. I know that from research the grabber had a good reputation. Anyway deal done.. Put on spare set of rims. Whilst waiting I spoke to a customer who was running general grabbers and had called in to get 2 new ones on rear. This woman regularly did the Cape road and outback Normanton cattle stations. She was very impressed with the grabbers and said that in her opinion they were a much better tyre than the bridgestones she had tried as well. Who knows? Anyway, time will tell but I reckon $220 a tyre was too good to knock back. Considering the y normally go for a lot more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (21.7 KB, 47 views)

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 09-06-16
Valued Member

I have been super impressed with mine and will most likely get them next time. You can't really go wrong for $1100!!
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 09-06-16
Valued Member

Only problem is in that size they aren't an LT rated tyre. Their 265/70R17 is and regular price is $269 or so at Bob Jane.

They do have a good reputation and I very nearly put them on my truck, maybe next time.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 09-06-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhyso View Post
Only problem is in that size they aren't an LT rated tyre. Their 265/70R17 is and regular price is $269 or so at Bob Jane.

They do have a good reputation and I very nearly put them on my truck, maybe next time.

Realised that they are not a light truck tyre but they will not get a hammering like all my other vehicles have. The Paj is a "gentlmans cruiser"..lol They were put on a spare set or rims for when I go off road around the district/cape/savannah way etc. Should do the job easily. Definately didnt want the 70 model as it would stuff around with the auto lock up too much.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 09-06-16
Valued Member

Fair call, the LT's do give the car a rough ride and I never punctured the factory tires offroad before replacing them.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 09-06-16
Valued Member

Yeah I got the LT in the 265/70. I have a TC lock-up switch though so not overly worried.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone