Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 19-09-15

Default DPF Delete Pipe

Finally decided to get rid of the DPF, and want to have a go at making my own delete pipe. I know I can buy one through Chip Tuning, but don't want a big shiny stainless pipe that stand out like a sore thumb. I can source the pipe and flanges no problem, but have no idea about the size of the bung for the exhaust gas temperature sensor.

Does anyone know the specs ( size/ thread ) for the bung?
Old 19-09-15
Banned

If your not using the the old DPF just cut the bung out of it .

I don't understand whats so bad about a nice shiny one who is going to ever see it ? Mr Plod ??
Old 19-09-15

That's an option, but I don't want to destroy the DPF in case I ever need to refit it.
Old 19-09-15

It doesn't stay shiny for very long
Old 10-10-15

Just started making my own diy dpf delete pipe today , the exhaust guy sold me pipe , flanges ( wrong size i found out today ) and exhaust sensor bung (right size, he sort Mumbled its the small one if that means anything ) project on hold , but ur local exhaust fella should be able to sell you the bung
Old 14-10-15

I am sure i can source one locally if i knew the exact dimensions/ size.
My project is on hold as well, as i have had no luck in removing the EGT probe in the back of the DPF. Have soaked in WD40, tried INOX, tried mix of 50/50 ATF and Acetone, tried heat. Cannot get it to move, and at the stage where the nut is starting to round off. Worried about using too much force and damaging it.
Old 14-10-15

i believe they are 1/8 BSPT thread. i purchased a tap and made my own and welded it on.
have you tried to heat the sensor nut to red hot then quench quickly. that was the only way i was able to get mine to move.
good luck

2008 NS Pajero 3.2 DID duel batteries, Duelers D697 LT, ARB bar, Runva 11XP winch, lovell and Bilstien 50mm suspension upgrade, full ERG block , 12mm hole in throttle plate, SS particle filter delete pipe, Pro Vent oil catch can. Chip Tuning CPU reprogram, Dawes Valve boost solenoid bypass, LED light bar and spotties and foxwing awning.
Old 14-10-15

Hi Chris , yeah i found the same gave me greif (rounding) i used heat , dribbled some wd40 on the sensor just to get some contraction on that part and use a old type plumbers monkey wrench , it really rapped around with a good grip and worked well, hope this helps
Old 22-09-17

Default DPF Temp Sensor thread size

Only through online research I have come to the conclusion that the sensor appears to have thread size M12.

I found the following in a DENSO manual online describing the Common Rail System specific to the 4M41:
Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 - 265600-145#
Exhaust gas temperature sensor 2 (Cat) - 265600-146#
Exhaust gas temperature sensor 3 (DPF) - 265600-147#

Looking at some diagrams of the sensors, the above all seem to have the same sensor and characteristics. I'm not sure exactly sure what the Denso part naming convention is, but it would appear that the last 3 digits on the part number seem to be denoting the different shapes of the electrical plug connector.

Searching through the Denso e-Catalogue http://www.denso-am.com/e-catalogue/ I have found part DET-0100 (265600-1900) which states that the thread size of the sensor is M12.
Old 22-09-17
Valued Member

The EGT has a grey plug and is a shorter sensor

The cat and dpf have a black plug also one has a kink in the sensor
Dpf has the kink for clearance reason I would believe

All read the same though