Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 19-06-15

Default Racing Performance Works Perth

Hi everyone, wanted to check if anyone here has any experience with RPW in Perth? I'm looking at getting a power package done, but cant find many reviews about the company online. It's the only place I've been able to find in Perth that does headers for the 3.8 V6 pajero.
Any feedback would be appreciated

Cheers
2009 NT X SWB V6 - Opposite Lock bar, VRS winch,MM Tow Bar, Uniden UH7760NB, Lightforce Striker 50wHID, ARB awning, Rhino Racks, Bridgestone D697's, Billstein/Lovell, Skinned up + Rocksliders, Redarc TowPro, Safari snorkel, ARB on-board air, Powerflow exhaust

Towing: 2015 Jayco Eagle Outback
Old 19-06-15

Hi Saffa,
Unless your original manifolds are cracked I would not bother. I fitted headers to my NM with a 3.5 V6 and it did not make one single bit of difference to performance or fuel economy. One of my manifolds was cracked which is why I did it. The extra heat generated in the engine bay after fitting them (exhaust shop) during a hard slog through mud caused a fire in the engine bay burning out my wiring and the clutch hydraulic line. You will note my Avatar is a picture of me camped by myself about 480km west of Townsville which is when it happened. I rewired that night and drove without the clutch to Cairns. The whole thing was spoiled by putting my "dry as a bone" on and getting bitten by a Red Back who had made the trip up from Melbourne with me. My arm swelled up the size of a football and I was practicing shoving spare fuel hose done my throat to keep my airways open. I didn't get much sleep that night. To cut a long story short if you go ahead check everything has sufficient clearance and apply some insulation to the headers for added security. I used two packets of exhaust tape from Super Cheap in Smithfield and the problem was solved. It was so hard to convince Better Brakes to make up a new clutch line and I had to offer my first born and swear on a stack of bibles as a guarantee I wouldn't use it as a brake line. The arm returned to normal size and I was able to hit golf balls of the tip at the cape. Great Trip. Regards Waz
Old 20-06-15

Fuel hose down the throat, ouch.
Glad it all worked out for you in the end.

Cheers,
Old 20-06-15

Hi Saffer.....

I've got a set of extractors from them which are fitted to my 3.5 AWD Magna,... Mine are ceramic coated both internally and externally thankfully so there's no increase in under bonnet temps. they've been on now for over 5 years without any problems...

However, ...because the factory heat shields are no longer able to be used I would have to agree with Waz, that if they were raw headers and uninsulated you'd have to be mindful of surrounding parts suffering from the heat.

if you look on the Aussiemagna forums you'll get quite a lot of information re this company from many of the members.

Hopefully the above will help a more informed decision

cheers,

Pug
Old 20-06-15

Thanks for the replies, will take a look at the magna forum also and take it from there

Cheers
2009 NT X SWB V6 - Opposite Lock bar, VRS winch,MM Tow Bar, Uniden UH7760NB, Lightforce Striker 50wHID, ARB awning, Rhino Racks, Bridgestone D697's, Billstein/Lovell, Skinned up + Rocksliders, Redarc TowPro, Safari snorkel, ARB on-board air, Powerflow exhaust

Towing: 2015 Jayco Eagle Outback
Old 20-06-15
Valued Member

I'm not sure on commonality as I don't know your model, but may be worth checking with Manta.
They sourced an exhaust for my Escape, their customer service was really good.

http://www.mantapro.com.au/vehicles/mitsubishi/pajero/

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 20-06-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langwaz View Post
Hi Saffa,
Unless your original manifolds are cracked I would not bother. I fitted headers to my NM with a 3.5 V6 and it did not make one single bit of difference to performance or fuel economy. One of my manifolds was cracked which is why I did it. The extra heat generated in the engine bay after fitting them (exhaust shop) during a hard slog through mud caused a fire in the engine bay burning out my wiring and the clutch hydraulic line. You will note my Avatar is a picture of me camped by myself about 480km west of Townsville which is when it happened. I rewired that night and drove without the clutch to Cairns. The whole thing was spoiled by putting my "dry as a bone" on and getting bitten by a Red Back who had made the trip up from Melbourne with me. My arm swelled up the size of a football and I was practicing shoving spare fuel hose done my throat to keep my airways open. I didn't get much sleep that night. To cut a long story short if you go ahead check everything has sufficient clearance and apply some insulation to the headers for added security. I used two packets of exhaust tape from Super Cheap in Smithfield and the problem was solved. It was so hard to convince Better Brakes to make up a new clutch line and I had to offer my first born and swear on a stack of bibles as a guarantee I wouldn't use it as a brake line. The arm returned to normal size and I was able to hit golf balls of the tip at the cape. Great Trip. Regards Waz
What a cracker of a story............ Now that your still alive does it pull the backpacker campervan chicks (driving without a male) when in the outback pubs