Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 29-03-14

Default Snorkel for NW

I am trying to find out what brands of snorkels can be fitted to an NW allowing for the original washer bottle to be used.

I am also looking at getting some airbags and have been advised that the Poly airs and Firestones are the same until the bag is put on the Firestones which doubles the psi rating! I am not keen on the bag idea IMO they may catch dirt etc...so I would be just using the bags Any views on the better bag to go with?
Cheers ... Steve
2012 Pajero NW Platinum manual 3.2 Diesel ...ECB winch Bar, Runva XP11Premium winch, 2" lift Lovell/Bilstein HD suspension, Poly Airs, 265/70/17 BFG's KO2, Airtec snorkel, Reece Hitch, TEKONSHA P3 Electric Brake Unit, BCDC 1240-LV Auxiliary battery system, MPPT Solar Regulator, DR AIR Compressor, ENGEL 40ltr fridge, Engel rear socket, Rhino 4x4 Roof Platform
Old 29-03-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BUNDY View Post
I am trying to find out what brands of snorkels can be fitted to an NW allowing for the original washer bottle to be used.

Cheers ... Steve
You won't be able keep your old windscreen washer bottle with the Safari or Airtek snorkels. You can modify and plastic weld it yourself as others on here have done. Airtek seems to be the general consensus as the preferred option on here. I'll be having an Airtek fitted in the next few weeks. I'll probably modify my old washer bottle to suit.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 29-03-14

Default Water bottle modification

Thanks for your reply stevemc181 Yes by the look of recent posts the Airtek is a popular choice!
Do you know if the modification to the MM bottle can be done after the snorkel has been fitted or is it best done before or during fitting as I also would like to have a go at the modification myself.
2012 Pajero NW Platinum manual 3.2 Diesel ...ECB winch Bar, Runva XP11Premium winch, 2" lift Lovell/Bilstein HD suspension, Poly Airs, 265/70/17 BFG's KO2, Airtec snorkel, Reece Hitch, TEKONSHA P3 Electric Brake Unit, BCDC 1240-LV Auxiliary battery system, MPPT Solar Regulator, DR AIR Compressor, ENGEL 40ltr fridge, Engel rear socket, Rhino 4x4 Roof Platform
Old 29-03-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BUNDY View Post
Thanks for your reply stevemc181 Yes by the look of recent posts the Airtek is a popular choice!
Do you know if the modification to the MM bottle can be done after the snorkel has been fitted or is it best done before or during fitting as I also would like to have a go at the modification myself.
As far as I know, you'll need to do it after the install and then refit it. You'll need to tell them you want the old washer bottle and pump.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 29-03-14

Thumbs up

Thanks Steve! I hope to be having an Airtek fitted soon and I will be asking to keep the washer bottle and pump as you advised.
Cheers.....Steve
Old 19-05-14
Retired Senior Member

Default Reinstating the Stock Washer Bottle

I have just modified my stock washer bottle so it fits back under the guard and beneath the snorkel tube.
It is in my dropbox.<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18222282/Reinstating%20The%20Original%20Pajero%20Washer%20B ottle.pdf>

If pdf does not work try the html version.

Reinstating The Original Pajero Washer Bottle.
Silver 08 NS Dieso DiD Auto "Platinum Edition": ARB Bullbar, dual battery and compressor: Airtek snorkel: Milford Cargo Barrier: GME TX3220: 40mm OME lift & OME gas shocks: Engel: BFG's: Under body guards and rear bar from Bushskinz. Triple battery setup with AGM under rear floor charged with Redarc SmartStart DC-DC charger: Home made removeable drawer unit: DIG Options in-dash Infotainment, GPS and reversing camera unit. Long Range Fuel Tank.

Last edited by pslambe; 19-05-14 at 05:11 PM.
Old 19-05-14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslambe View Post
I have just modified my stock washer bottle so it fits back under the guard and beneath the snorkel tube.
It is in my dropbox.<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18222282/Reinstating%20The%20Original%20Pajero%20Washer%20B ottle.pdf>

Not working mate.

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
Old 19-05-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaipan View Post
Not working mate.

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
work for me
Old 19-05-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaipan View Post
Not working mate.

Error (404)

And it worked for me using the drop box
Old 19-05-14
Valued Member

It worked for me. The PDF is 15MB so it might take a while to load.

Great write up!