Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 30-11-10
Valued Member

Default EGR blanking plate

Hi,

Does anyone know if anyone out there makes an EGR blanking plate for a non common rail DiD?

Anyone know if there would be any difference between the EGR on a non CR DiD and on a CR DiD?

Chip-it said thy only make them for the CR DiD motors - https://chipit.com.au/products-page/...lanking-plate/
Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!
Old 30-11-10
Valued Member

Looks very close to the one I made for my NP DiD, but looks can be deceiving...
MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.
Old 30-11-10
Valued Member

It's just a thin piece of metal, nothing fancy. i wouldn't be suprised if the CRD is the same as the NP. Only critical measurement is the spacing for the bolt holes.
Old 30-11-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Looks very close to the one I made for my NP DiD, but looks can be deceiving...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
It's just a thin piece of metal, nothing fancy. i wouldn't be suprised if the CRD is the same as the NP. Only critical measurement is the spacing for the bolt holes.
So, you guys made your own? I was thinking of getting some 2 - 3mm plate or similar (stainless or brass or billet aluminium would be best I guess, nopting Chip-it use aluminium), then getting the EGR gasket as a template size and grind / drill to fit. Is that all you did? What material did you use?
Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!
Old 02-12-10

I machined mine from 1mm aluminium and used Hylomar (don't know if available in OZ, it's an RTV sealant that's used on turbines) as gasket marterial. But I think any RTV will work.
Just make sure you put it on both sides.
Takes 20 minutes with an angle grinder and a drill.
Setting up the cnc milling machine takes longer.
Old 02-12-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
So, you guys made your own? I was thinking of getting some 2 - 3mm plate or similar (stainless or brass or billet aluminium would be best I guess, nopting Chip-it use aluminium), then getting the EGR gasket as a template size and grind / drill to fit. Is that all you did? What material did you use?
I'm still yet to get around to doing mine. I'm just going to cut up a milo tin lid for mine and a bit of gasket goo - as it will be near on invisible and will do the job
Old 02-12-10
Valued Member

Dumb question - so what's the major benefit of blocking of the EGR? Is there any performance gains?
Old 02-12-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotare View Post
Dumb question - so what's the major benefit of blocking of the EGR? Is there any performance gains?
some performance i understand but primarily protecting the intake side of the engine from gunking up and extending engine life

Old 02-12-10
Valued Member

Quote:
some performance i understand but primarily protecting the intake side of the engine from gunking up and extending engine life
Anyone have a picture of the EGR, before and after being removed?
Old 04-12-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger J View Post
I'm still yet to get around to doing mine. I'm just going to cut up a milo tin lid for mine and a bit of gasket goo - as it will be near on invisible and will do the job
Not sure if your interested but I was going to make my EGR blanking plate out of some 1mm stainless I have. I have a fair amount of the sheet (enough for at least 20 blanks) happy to share out some of it for $0.