Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 19-07-10

Default Buying a Used NS - decision time

Hi all, I've posted a couple of questions and am still looking for a NS in my price range.

I've found this one:
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=127527419680

which looks great in the photos. Problem is it is in Cairns and I'm on the sunshine coast. I've spoken to the dealer and it all 'sounds' pretty good was sold at 'Tully Motors' to a guy from Innisfail (private vehicle). The dealer said it has full service history, couple of scratches in the interior but generally a very nice vehicle. They won't allow an RACQ inspection until they have a signed deal and deposit down (subject to inspection and test drive) due to them having the car off the lot for a day and general time it takes (suprising really considering I'ms till paying for it). I'm just not sure what else to ask before agreeing on a price? I've asked for more detailed photos, but there's always the risk on him not taking photos of the 'bad' areas, if there are any...

Any thoughts on how to approach buying 2nd hand when not in the area?

Thanks all, you've been most helpful with my previous posts.

Mark
Old 19-07-10
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

see if you can find a forum member to do a quick look especially underneath for damage, use signs etc
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 19-07-10

Subject to you seeing the car and as described.

also you can make it subject to your satisfaction of the RAVQ report..

but i think the top one is better covers you alot more.

Also make sure you negotiate before you agree to anything, get the best price before you have the inspection, afterwards they maynot want to budge once you have driven all the way down...
Old 19-07-10

That might be a 2006 build but also it doesn't have rear air (no button or vents in the photos) even though the info says it does. Also, no side airbags, reverse sensors or rear entertainment, but I don't know if you are after any of those. If you are then maybe a 25th Aniversary or Platinum pack might be a better option.

I am sure there is a thread around with the specs of those models.
Old 19-07-10

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and helpful advice. I like the idea of agreeing on a price BEFORE the inspection. He's already dropped $1k before really starting to talk money so he can move.

Quadcam: You've spotted a deal breaker for us: no rear a/c. It's something that we really liked and are willing to spend the extra on to get. Thanks, I think you saved me a long trip for nothing.

JoshF: I was going to be cheeky and ask if anyone did live in Cairns and would be willing to look - there would have been a carton of beer or whatever takes your fancy in it.

Also, he's sent me some extra photos and it shows in the engine bay that the baulk head sound deadening has red edges which looks like red dirt stain. An under body inspection would be a must I think.

Maybe next the next one will be the one for us

Mark
Old 19-07-10
Valued Member

IMH (and un-informed) O,

It seems a bit expensive for a 3 or 4 year old Pajero with those K's.
A new NT in GLS would be around 55-57 K Drive away (ish?), come with full warranty and no DPF.

If you're leasing or financing, it might be worth the extra in payments to have the warranty and re-sale.
Again, I'm no expert, but it might be worth investigation.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com
Old 19-07-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
IMH (and un-informed) O,

A new NT in GLS would be around 55-57 K Drive away (ish?), come with full warranty and no DPF.

If you're leasing or financing, it might be worth the extra in payments to have the warranty and re-sale.
I agree, I initially began looking at a 2nd hand NS, however, after looking into it, for an extra $6,000-$8,000 I could get a brand new NT GLS with the options I wanted.
COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia
Old 20-07-10

Seems a nice looking NS , Kays are getting up there . Got no Bling , so a lot of options open to you there. Good luck with the search for a NS .
Steve 08 NS VRX Pajero DID Auto . TJM Steel Bullbar Warn Winch 9000 ib Narva 175 Ultimate Driving lights 3 pairs Uniden IC440 , Haymen Reece towbar TJM Airtec Snorkel Tint ARB Old Man Emu 2 Inch lift springs and shocks . Coopers 265 / 60 / 18 ATR VMS 500 GPS . TPMS 40 Litre Engel Fridge Rhino roof bars and rack Dashmat TJM 175 lpm A/C Ironman Duel Battery Kit F&R ARB Diff locks Long Ranger 60 Litre Aux Tank Black Widow rear draws and water tank Chip it Chip& Delete pipe ARB Awning
Old 20-07-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
IMH (and un-informed) O,

They all seem around that price. A new one would be at least $15,000 more which at the moment, I don't want to spend. We sold our BT50 and have a budget of under $40,000 and this time I want to stick to... (hopefully!).

I've been down the leasing road and it doesn't seem to work out finincially to me.

Thanks again for the advise though, I'll be pushing the dealers to get it in the $30s.
Old 20-07-10

Do you have to have a diesel? There a a few petrol 2008 25th Anniversary or 2007 Exceeds advertised in the low 40's. They have rear air con, leather, reverse sensors, etc. I don't have a LWB but those leather seats are easy to keep clean with kids and the HID lights which Exceeds (and X's) have are fantastic.