Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 07-06-10
Valued Member

Default Aircon Outlet Question

Gday all.
As some of you may be aware, I've joined this site for research purposes as later this year I will be looking to buy a NP (or perhaps NM) DiD Pajero.
I caught up with my uncle over the weekend, who bought his NM DiD Exceed brand new back in 2002. Had a good lock through the car and was very impressed. Didn't have time for a drive but he has offered to give me the car for a weekend whenever I want which was nice of him. I had read on this site about the rear aircon ducts in the roof of the Exceeds, which would be a fantastic advantage for passenger comfort. I did notice these outlets in my uncles Exceed.
I know that the GLX and GLS do not get these roof mounted outlets, but I was wondering if there are any outlets in the rear of the center console (between the front seats), for the rear seat passengers in the lower spec models?
I cant see any on the photo's i've found of this area on any carsales ad's, but I can't tell if there are any outlets low down in the console at foot level?
If there are no vents in the rear at all, how effective do people find the aircon to be for middle row passengers in their GLX / GLS spec cars?
Thanks in advance, Dan.
Old 07-06-10
Valued Member

Maybe the older one's don't have them, but my NT GLS pajero certainly does have the roof mounted aircon vents.
COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia
Old 07-06-10
Valued Member

I have an NL Escape series and found a/c outlets under both front bucket seats deliver cold air to rear - feet! Keep the shoes on. Cheers
Old 08-06-10
Valued Member

NM/NP models without the rear aircon have two floor mounted vents at the very bottom of the centre console that are ducted from the main system. They are almost hidden. These only operate when the AC controls are set to one of the floor positions. We find running the system in floor / face with the centre dash vents directed straight back works fairly well for rear seat occupants. Rear AC would be nice though.

You will find a bunch of ducts in the rear but these are either draw-through ventilation or provision for when the rear AC plant is fitted.

Pat
Old 08-06-10
Valued Member

Thanks Pat and MTN-KAT, that is just what I wanted to hear. At least there is some form of ventilation for the 2nd row.
In my previous 2 cars there have not been any vents in the rear at all and this has not been an issue for rear seat passengers in the heat of summer.

And thanks Dazza for the tease... Unfortunately an NT is way out of my price range at the moment!

Cheers, Dan.