Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 17-01-20
Valued Member

Correct guys, it's all about GVM and payload.

Greg, with all that gear on your PS (boat, motor etc), I don't doubt it pulls well but have you had it weighed ?
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 17-01-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Correct guys, it's all about GVM and payload.

Greg, with all that gear on your PS (boat, motor etc), I don't doubt it pulls well but have you had it weighed ?
No I havenít had it weighed, but with only two up, 63kg of boat, 30kg of motor and slide, a bushman fridge and a second battery Iíd hardly consider Iím anywhere near max all up weight.

As well my caravan tow ball weight is relatively light 100kg dry, I did measure it once loaded and it was about 160 kg from memory.

The thing is it all feels good, but youíre correct, I should get it weighed.

Greg

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Slide, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, home built tinny loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186
Old 18-01-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Grey Grumbly View Post
No I havenít had it weighed, but with only two up, 63kg of boat, 30kg of motor and slide, a bushman fridge and a second battery Iíd hardly consider Iím anywhere near max all up weight.

As well my caravan tow ball weight is relatively light 100kg dry, I did measure it once loaded and it was about 160 kg from memory.

The thing is it all feels good, but youíre correct, I should get it weighed.

Greg

You'll be surprised mate. You also have a bullbar, tow bar, second battery, fridge, wiring and underbody protection. Would be interesting to know your weight.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 18-01-20

Out of interest only,

Advice from a dealer/ Mitsubishi sales rep that I don't know from a bar of soap so take it as you will as far as accuracy.

Pajero sport MY20 released in couple of weeks he advised.

Also mentioned has had payload upgrade apparently.

Addition of Aluminium bonnet & wasn't sure about roof skin in lieu of steel.

What payload is, I don't think he had a clue??

Well he did fire 100kg's upgrade but my feeling was it was totally random shot from the hip figure the way he suggested it, as he was looking to the gods for guidance on a figure i felt???
Old 18-01-20
Valued Member

When were looking for iout Pajero Bobbi asked the salesman what the wire was running around the last on the window on the passenger side.

To mu amazement he answered .'it's a heater to keep that window clear in bad weather. When you turn your head you can check your blind spot clearly.'

Most sales people know bugger all.

Reps as I was had to know everything that were selling we were selling to a different class if people.
Old 18-01-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
You'll be surprised mate. You also have a bullbar, tow bar, second battery, fridge, wiring and underbody protection. Would be interesting to know your weight.
Yes Dicko, good point, weight gets away from you pretty quickly, it all adds up.

But Iíve always had my eye on weight, the bull bar is alloy, the underbody protection is the light gauge MM version, good enough for my needs, the second battery is 32kg, even allowing 50kg for the fridge loaded Iím pretty confident. Also noting that I have the five seat version so no additional mounts etc.

But yes Iíll get it weighed to be sure and publish the results here.

Greg

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Slide, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, home built tinny loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
Old 19-01-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
Out of interest only,

Advice from a dealer/ Mitsubishi sales rep that I don't know from a bar of soap so take it as you will as far as accuracy.

Pajero sport MY20 released in couple of weeks he advised.

Also mentioned has had payload upgrade apparently.

Addition of Aluminium bonnet & wasn't sure about roof skin in lieu of steel.

What payload is, I don't think he had a clue??

Well he did fire 100kg's upgrade but my feeling was it was totally random shot from the hip figure the way he suggested it, as he was looking to the gods for guidance on a figure i felt???
The MY18 Pajero Sport had a 100kg front axle limit increase but no GVM or rear axle limit.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=64832

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 19-01-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Grey Grumbly View Post
But yes Iíll get it weighed to be sure and publish the results here
Greg
That would be great for us but also for your own benefit. I'm like Dicko and think you might be in for a shock.

Don't forget to load it up with all the grear including a full fuel and allow for a passenger and your own weight. I used a couple of 20L jerrys to simulate that when I had mine done.

Then all you need to do is check the ball weight of the van and you'll be in business.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 19-01-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
That would be great for us but also for your own benefit. I'm like Dicko and think you might be in for a shock.

Don't forget to load it up with all the grear including a full fuel and allow for a passenger and your own weight. I used a couple of 20L jerrys to simulate that when I had mine done.

Then all you need to do is check the ball weight of the van and you'll be in business.
Yes Ian, agree, Iíve just ordered a set of caravan scales so that I can muck around with loads and combinations of loads for the van and the PS. Iíll post up the results, good or bad and the configurations so that we can all benefit. And yes, full fuel which is the correct kerb mass configuration.

Interestingly, I checked the MM PS GLX specs this morning and they allow 15kg extra payload, not a lot Iíll admit but if things were tight the this matters.
Greg

Old 19-01-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
The MY18 Pajero Sport had a 100kg front axle limit increase but no GVM or rear axle limit.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=64832

OJ.
Thanks OJ,

The comment was made by Sales person about MY20 will have payload upgrade on the current, shot from the hip with 100kg figure as he looked up at the gods LOL, body language he had no idea of a figure, but he was sure bonnet will be alloy like Pajero, unsure of roof skin he said?
Could be 10kg's ???
Fuel burn no load is what I like about Sport
Only as MY20 Sport will be lighter hence higher payload was where he was coming from.