Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 4 Days Ago

Default NL Low Idle...

Hi All,

My NL Is having issues with low idle when cold. It was getting down to about 500rpm and stalling when selecting a gear (auto), accelerating a little bit and backing off - such as when you reverse out of a car park.

I've replaced the Idle Air Control valve and cleaned the TB ... It was great for several days but today its playing up again!! I will admit that I didn't do the ecu reset, but it was working without any issues until today. I'll reset the ECU this afternoon and probably clean the MAF sensor.

Regardless, has anyone experienced any low idle issues similar to this?
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Gearbox oil change?

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 4 Days Ago

The gearbox oil is only a few months old. It doesnt seem to be laboring - just not idling correctly when its cold as the RPM drops and stalls the vehicle
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Drain a little fluid, see if itís still clean.

Nasty fluid in an auto can cause issues (might need the filter changed too).

Might need a proper flush.

But thatís about my level of knowledge with autos sorry.

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 3 Days Ago

ecu reset seems to have done nothing... ive checked the old ISC and it had >400 ohms resistance between pins 2-1/3 and 5-4/6. I'll check the new one this afternoon if time allows, but it seems that its not working at all as there is no increased RPM when turning the A/C on. I assumed it was working when i did the ecu reset/idle relearn as it clicked as per many forum posts stated.

Does anyone have any voltages that i can check on the loom side of things to check for ECU/wiring faults? I've got a tactirx cable so i'll hopefully be able to get some sensor values to rule out any issues with TPS/coolant temp etc.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

evoscan will give real time readouts of what the ecu is telling the ISC to do - it works with the tactrix cable. it also will tell you if the AC idles speed up is on and other info

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 3 Days Ago

Ahhh. Checked the tps very quickly when I was at home this arvo. TPS is sitting at 12% when idling. I can't imagine this is good for the iacv. Will try a TPS recalibration this weekend
Old 3 Days Ago

12% is normal range for a Mitsu for idle. Ensure the car reaches 100% at WOT too with the car on ign.
Certainly do an ECU side check to ensure the plug is getting the voltage needed. Can't think of too much more at the moment