Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 5 Days Ago

Default NP Pajero LED headlights & Cruise Control

Hey folks,

couldn't find anything on here, does anyone know if LED headlights will cause the CC on a NP Pajero to switch off?

CC light comes on just fine, but won't engage when I have LED lights on the car (parkers, brake, indicators and headlights). Swapped back to standard incandescent bulbs and all works fine.

Frustrating as I want the LED headlights for rural driving, none of the standard lights I've tried are bright enough.

Any help would be appreciated,

Maverick3332.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

It will to do with the brake lights I reckon as the cruise control system is linked in with brake (stop lamp) switch.

I'm no electrical expert but try putting all your LED globes back in apart from the brake globes and test cruise control.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 5 Days Ago

I do a lot of country driving and for me LEDs and light bars donít cut it. Nor do HIDs.

Get a set of good quality globes fitted to your headlights and have good driving lights too. Nothing beats halogen in my book. But thatís me.

Interesting the LED lights mess with the cruise control, but it also makes sense as the system will not work if your brakes light is blown. It only takes one.

Cheers

Bennie
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

It may be co-incidence, but on my NL, the cruise control used to cut out occasionally as I drove along. Eventually I learned to hook my foot under the brake pedal and pull it up and then the cruise would work. I assumed that the adjustment of the brake light switch was required but I was too stiff and awkward to actually find the switch. It was easier to pull the pedal up when required.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintas View Post
It will to do with the brake lights I reckon as the cruise control system is linked in with brake (stop lamp) switch.

I'm no electrical expert but try putting all your LED globes back in apart from the brake globes and test cruise control.
That'll be it
Old 4 Days Ago

Thanks everyone, I thought it might just be the brake lights, so I'll try the LED's again in the headlights and see what happens.

Headlights themselves probably need to be replaced as the lenses are shot (tried restoring them, but not so good). @ $200 a pop it's out of the budget for now, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

cheers.
Old 4 Days Ago

My lenses were yellow when I got it, but simply hand polishing with T-cut or similar makes them crystal clear. (needs re doing every 4ish months.)

Cheers
Dave
Old 4 Days Ago

Default Update NP Pajero LED Headlights

Afternoon folks,

Aussieintas nailed it, LED headlights back in and CC is working fine. Looks like it's only the brake lights, but I've yet to test the indicators so we'll see what happens when i do.

thanks all for the comments, this forum has helped me a lot with my NP, and only got one niggle left to fix them I'm happy!!!

Mav.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Glad to help and to hear its sorted

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit