Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 6 Days Ago

Default Help picking up auxiliary fuel tank

Hey guys,
Not sure which is the correct forum area to post this.

I've been looking for a auxiliary fuel tank for my NM Pajero basically since I bought it. I've recently found one which will hopefully be quite cheap. The only problem is that it is in Brookvale and I'm in Adelaide. I asked the seller about shipping but they stopped responding, so I assume they will not help out.

Is there anyone here that could pick it up for me, print a shipping label and drop it off at the courier depot? I don't know Sydney very well but there seem to be quite a few 'e-go' (online courier) depots around the Sydney area.

If someone is nearby and could help then that would be great, I'm happy to pay for petrol and time etc. I can arrange the label from.my end, so you wouldn't have to pay anything of course! There is no rush, so even if you could collect it and then sometime in the future take it to the courier

I know its a long shot, but worth a try
Cheers, richard
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

I live about 15 mins from Brookvale (NSW 2100 I assume) - and can assist if needed...
Cheers
Jason
Old 5 Days Ago

Thanks Jason.
It wouldn't be so much helping as entirely collecting yourself!
Yeah, Brookvale NSW is correct.
I think from memory it is about 110x46x65cm and weighs about 42kg.

As I said, I'm in Adelaide, so I can arrange a courier lable to be sent to you. If you can print it and maybe get some packing tape to wrap around any extra bits, then deliver it to an e-go Depot? No rush and even if you hold onto for a while that is fine...

Happy to pay you for time and petrol and everything. They are pretty expensive new, so hopefully it will still work out quite cheap!!

Let me know if that sounds ok with you (totally understand if you can't arrange (or just too difficult) to get it yourself, being that it is such a large bulky object)- I really appreciate the offer
Old 5 Days Ago

Hey RichieD,

A piece of advice - get the whole kit! This includes the dual filler neck, the steel fuel pipe piece from dual filler to aux tank, gauge and switch unit on the dashboard and ALL THE MOUNTING BRACKETS!!!

I say this as I literally just finished my install of a second hand tank. I got the front and rear left body mounts with the tank. The rest I had to source or fabricate. I made the mount and repaired itís corresponding mount on the tank.

I sourced a second hand dual filler. As much as a Gen2 unit looks like it will work it doesnít and needs quite a few mods to fit! Iíve now got too much coin into it to source a Gen3 unit.

After sorting the tank mount and fabricating the corresponding body mount, what should have been an estimated two day installed blew out to five days - with some interruptions. Not really happy atm, but once itís in use and not leaking Iíll be stoked.

I also painted the tank satin black. Looks mint against our white Pajero.

Iím still yet to source the fuel gauge and switch unit and I need to put the covers over the inner guard pipe work. Some minor wiring needs to be done then itíll be 100% sorted. Glad Iím not a tradie counting my time as a dollar figure, otherwise Iíd we well behind on this install. Going by parts etc, weíre still about $800ish ahead on a new unit without fitment - and itís a custom colour. How long thatíll last is anyoneís guess.

All the best with it. Hoping itíll be the game changer everyone make it out to be!

Cheers

Bennie
Old 5 Days Ago

I should say to anyone considering this that knows how to spin a spanner, please do not be put off by my post above, just make sure you get the main bits of the kit required as mentioned and go from there. It will become a good experience, I’m still a bit raw about the time lost stuffing around to get it all together and in one piece!

Cheers

Bennie

Last edited by El_Freddo; 5 Days Ago at 10:50 PM. Reason: Auto correct manual re-correction
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Yeah, No problems at all,
there are two e-go depots in Sydney - Casula and Taren point
Both are on the other side of the city from Brookvale. But certainly do-able if you a little flexible with when I can get over there as I travel around a fair bit for work, otherwise can make a specific trip if I am not in that area for a couple of weeks.

Have you had a quote from them, based on the dimensions / weight etc?
I can also ask my best mate (who's warehouse in Brookvale also) for a quote, They send stuff all around the country (and world) - and I actually had him arrange the collection of my Bull bar, Recaro seats and Alloy Wheels etc for my Shorty. It might work out cheaper, and can probably get it there heaps cheaper / faster.

He is not back at work until Wednesday I think, but If you get back n touch with the bloke selling it and want to go ahead, I can collect it and then we can go from there..

I have sent you a PM .