• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neha
    • Mar 2011
    • hyderabad

helloeveryone

thank you for ... i was looking for the way of replacement.. i had got it now....
    i had read all the parts of it .. this information is really worth of appreciation thank you..'

Comment

• Pete
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Mornington Peninsula, Vic

Originally posted by neha View Post
      thank you for ... i was looking for the way of replacement.. i had got it now....
      i had read all the parts of it .. this information is really worth of appreciation thank you..'
      Where'd you get the shafts for that price? Is there a model that you can get them from wreckers that suits 2002?

Comment

• CATs 4x4
        • Jun 2007
        • Centurion South Africa

Just as an added note. Here in South Africa is a guy that sends the old shafts to an engineering firm to cut the groove bigger to accomodate the bigger new circlip on the old shafts. This works out a lot cheaper than the need to replace the shafts as well. I have not experienced it first hand though, but he seems to reckon that it works 100%. Might be worth investigating that avenue in your neck of the woods as well.

CATS
        2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
        (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
        2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
        2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

• Davie
          • Mar 2011
          • Scotland

Fantastic post mate, will be going back to this if mine pop out up!
          Cheers
          2003 DID Shogun, 10mm Alloy bash plates, OME suspension, sliders, Set of BFG AT 265x70x16 & 235x70x16 Insa Special Track Extreme muds.

Comment

• Ohlins
            • Sep 2010
            • SW French Pyrenees

As Davie says...I've it bookmarked just in case...

DiD3.2 275,000kms
            Gas Gas 300EC Ohlins
            Yamaha XTZ660Z Ténéré Injection 75,000kms

Comment

• mick32
              • Aug 2009
              • Tangambalanga Victoria

Love a copy of the HOTFIX please!
              2004 3.2 NP, 2" Lovells Lift, Firestone Air Bags, Long Range Tank,Home made Bash Plates and Rear Draws, Duel Batteries ,Rhino Aero Bars, 3" Scott's Rod's Exhaust,Wholesale Automatic's Upgraded Valve Body.

Comment

• Herman4x4
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Melton, Victoria

Hi,

As I have just had a lift fitted, I checked the size of the flange on my companion shafts, and they are 182mm, so I would need to replace the whole lot going by the hot fix? It is an 03 4M41 manual. Or have I read the hot fix incorrctly?
                Anyway, I saw CATS4X4 post on page 2, and thought this could be viable option to keep the cost down by getting the groove machined.

Does anyone see any problems with this? And would anyone have their old shafts lying around that I could get this done it and check that it doesn't chip or split the splines?

Thanks,
                Andrew.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Herman4x4 View Post
                  Hi,

As I have just had a lift fitted, I checked the size of the flange on my companion shafts, and they are 182mm, so I would need to replace the whole lot going by the hot fix? It is an 03 4M41 manual. Or have I read the hot fix incorrctly?
                  Anyway, I saw CATS4X4 post on page 2, and thought this could be viable option to keep the cost down by getting the groove machined.

Does anyone see any problems with this? And would anyone have their old shafts lying around that I could get this done it and check that it doesn't chip or split the splines?

Thanks,
                  Andrew.
                  Andrew, It could certainly be done, I think it was Ian Johnston that had it done. Problem is the shafts are hard and the groove width is small. Unless you know someone, It may be just as easy to purchase new shafts anyway. From what I recall of the hotfix, the larger flange needs the whole lot replacing unfortunately. I have some new shafts coming. I want to find a definitive answer on whether or not new c-clips will fit the old groove. On the UK forum, a member states categorically they do, however I'm not convinced. No doubt I'll post my findings somewhere here. Mite be a while though.

Shane
                  MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Lance
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • Melbourne

The smaller clips are 1.9mm and the modified shafts take a 2.3mm clip.
                    If they could get away with fitting the larger 2.3 clips to the original shaft I reckon MMA would have done just that instead of replacing the shaft as well.

My guess (although not definitive) is that the later clips won't fit the earlier shafts snugly.
                    2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                    2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Herman4x4
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • Melton, Victoria

Thanks for that Shane. I will have to keep an eye out.

Mark who did the original post kept his shafts and just replaced the clip. I wonder how that has held up?? Haven't seen much from him of late.

Might PM him and see how they have gone.

Regards,
                      Andrew.
                      Cheers,
                      Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• MickyDeee
                        • Nov 2009
                        • Seville Grove, W.A

Left hand shaft poped out on a trip to Harvey Dam just over a month ago , bought a new shaft seal and new clip , parts cost me 44.oo took a bit over an hour with the great write up that Mark has provided and all is still good .

Mike.
                        NM 3.5 2001 Exceed, 20% ---5% premium tint, GME 3200 uhf, narva spotlights, factory bullbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, kumho kl61 tyres, Projecta 150 dual battery setup.

Comment

• Mik
                          • Nov 2011
                          • Sydney

Thanks for the write up. I did mine not long ago.
                          I got stuck getting the seal out but using a pry bar got it out in seconds.

There's no oil leak anymore so I'm happy.
                          2000 NM Pajero - Petrol. Bull Bar, 2" lift, dual battery, rear bar and other bits and pieces.

Comment

• Hama
                            Valued Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Mik View Post
                            I got stuck getting the seal out but using a pry bar got it out in seconds.
                            X2

I actually found out there is no need to drain the diff as the oil level is lower then the companion shaft hole. Saved me a lot of time when had to do one side twice as I messed up one seal at first.

Cheers
                            (SOLD) 2001 NM Exceed 3.5L Petrol, Injected LPG, 2" Lift Lovells HD Springs & Shocks, Polyair Bags, Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 (265/75/16), Dual Battery System, TRV4x4 Snorkel, F/R Diff+Tranny+Transfer Case Breathers, Engel Fridge/Freezer 40L, Homemade Rear Storage+Bed, Rhino Roof Racks+Basket, OEM Alloy Bullbar, Side Steps, Towbar, Fog Lights, Rear Work Light, UHF Handheld Radio Puxing PX-888+UHF Antenna RFI CD900, Nobles RIG-MATE Creeper Winch, Exhaust Jack, X-Trax II, TomTom XL 340 with Hema Maps

Comment

• NMOiler
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Melton Victoria

Berttm357,
                              Does this only affect manuals ? My NP is an auto.
                              If it affects autoes i could use a copy of the Hotfix as well.
                              2002 NM GLS DiD 3.2 Auto,Air bags, 265/70/16 Achillies Desert Hawk A/Ts, Prodigy brake controller.

Comment

• Phil
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2008
                                • Sydney

Will happen to auto's as well.
                                MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X