Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 11-01-18
Valued Member

OJ,
I have two products.
Lockup-mate just does the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) locking automatically.
Auto-mate will do TCC lockup AND trans shift points, so we can essentially reprogram the transmission to our liking. Thatís the plan anyway.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate, auto-mate [prototype]
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au
Old 11-01-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Unfortunately with the photobucket issue I cannot see what I posted in the linked thread.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 11-01-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
OJ,
I have two products.
Lockup-mate just does the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) locking automatically.
Auto-mate will do TCC lockup AND trans shift points, so we can essentially reprogram the transmission to our liking. Thatís the plan anyway.
This is very exciting!! Get it done boys I'll buy the first one ready to go!!
2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!
Old 13-01-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMChallenger View Post
This is very exciting!! Get it done boys I'll buy the first one ready to go!!

Me second......
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, BFG KM2s, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Lock up mate, In car entertainment and more.
Old 13-01-18

Me third as I have subscribed to M & Ms website and been in touch with Marshall who has informed me of the benefits of fitting one of their units to my PB 4x2.
Old 15-01-18

Looking very exciting guys, looking forward to be able to put an order in when they are ready.
Old 20-02-18
Valued Member

Default Challenger lockup-mate is coming along well

Hi Guys,
I've had OJs car for couple of weeks and now have a version of the torque converter lockup kit working (lockup-mate).
Amazing results.
I've started a new thread here.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=60342
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate, auto-mate [prototype]
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au

Last edited by m_and_m; 20-02-18 at 05:47 PM.
Old 20-02-18

Default lock-up mate

Great news, can't wait to purchase and fit this unit when available.
Old 21-02-18

Given the well known temp control issues with the transmission, has anyone investigated upgraded transmission coolers? I'm looking at doing a cooler upgrade in the near future, along with the automate and maybe even the valvebody upgrade.
Old 21-02-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
Given the well known temp control issues with the transmission, has anyone investigated upgraded transmission coolers? I'm looking at doing a cooler upgrade in the near future, along with the automate and maybe even the valvebody upgrade.
Yes many years ago "beagle 1" fitted a second ATF cooler and it did reduce his ATF temperatures but it did not solve the limp modes. Problem is the Challenger auto does not go into limp mode due to high ATF temps until the ATF reaches 135C, the real cause is the TC slip timeout limp mode which detects a difference between the input and output shaft speeds of the auto and if this difference is too much for a given time then the transmission goes into limp mode without warning. It is a common misbielf that it is ATF temperature related and it is not! The highest my ATF temp has ever been was 116C whilst doing heavy tow tests up long sustained hills with 40C ambient temperatures and my ATF temps are always lower and recover quicker than the Gen 4 Pajero guys I travel with regularly.

There has been a lot of work, testing and discussion on the Challengers auto over the last few years, for so background if here is a link to the thread,
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=36892

I already have the proposed changes in the up and down shift points and TC locked and unlocked patterns ready to trial in the Auto-Mate with MM4x4 but the first step has been to fit a Prototype Lockup-Mate to see if the proposed parameters are close to where we think they should be. We most likely have 3 to 6 months of trials before Auto-Mate is on the market. Also work has started on Traction-Mate which will be a plug & play module that increases the response time of the traction control system when off road as the current TC is way too slow to activate when doing slow low range work.

I suggest you wait until Auto-Mate is availble and fit this before deciding if the investment in an additional ATF cooler and HD valve body is warranted.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.