• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sjb-85
    • Jan 2013
    • Pakenham, Vic

Suspension Upgrade

Alright guys I know this has been done plenty of times over, I have done plenty of searching but obviously individual ride preferences and how people use their cars it's not a 1 kit suits all.

So my car 2013 Mitsubishi PB Challenger

Front end: Nudge bar, Spotties, Light bar and Bash plates

Rear End: Drawers Titan, fridge 65l (not always in though)

Towing not often but when I do a pretty heavy off road camper, unsure of ball weight due to off road coupling and unsure how best to measure this

So I'm definitely going for airbags for the towing aspect (air bag man) is my preference

Rear springs I'm thinking constant 100-150kg

Unsure of front end yet weight probably 60-70kg??

I've had quotes from

Dobinson $1500 including air bags supplied only

Oztec $1150 no airbags supply only

Raw 4x4 $1056 no air bags supplied only

I want peoples opinion and advice, I'd be happy with a 25mm lift but it seems pretty uncommon but I don't want anymore than 40mm

Regards Simon
    2012, Mitsubishi PB Challenger LS (manual)
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

We received 30mm lift front and rear with Oztec shocks and kings springs ..

As per oztec site lift comfort .. very impressed .. first run 1200km return. . Just 2 up with minimal gear, out performed factory shocks and springs ..

Was also advised to go with air bags when fully laden, will have to wait and see on our next camping trip .. we carry approx 500kg in total ..

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Sjb-85
      • Jan 2013
      • Pakenham, Vic

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
      We received 30mm lift front and rear with Oztec shocks and kings springs ..

As per oztec site lift comfort .. very impressed .. first run 1200km return. . Just 2 up with minimal gear, out performed factory shocks and springs ..

Was also advised to go with air bags when fully laden, will have to wait and see on our next camping trip .. we carry approx 500kg in total ..

That's good to hear littleriver, the only thing so far that has not left the best taste in my mouth has been the customer service, they weren't the most helpful lot seemed pretty keen to send me on my way!

Raw have had the best customer service so far

However my decision will not be solely made on customer service I want quality products preferably Aussie made and majorly improved ride and drive ability

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

PM sent.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• chillipepperz
          • Feb 2017
          • Adelaide

I will soon pull the trigger on a new suspension/lift kit for my '14 Challenger so I am watching this thread with interest.

I am considering the Lovells springs/shocks combo as a possibility. The parts appear to be able to be picked up quite economically. Has anyone had experience with this setup on a Challenger?

My preference for only a couple of hundred more is Ultimate Suspension. Select4WD seems to be well priced. https://select4wd.com.au/products/se...allenger-pb-pc

There appears to be many Pajero's and Triton's with Ultimate and they seem happy, but how does this setup work in a Challenger?

Cheers!
          Andrew
          2014 Challenger: Factory tow bar | Factory alloy bullbar | Kings LED’s | Window tint | Kumho Mt-51's | Munji EGR Delete | Provent 200 | Redarc Towpro | UHF in dash| Custom rear drawers and fridge slide | 130AH rear AGM battery | Aldi roof bars and Kings awning | Kings Springs KCFR55T front KCRR23 rear and Bilstein shocks. Soon: guards.

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by Sjb-85 View Post
            That's good to hear littleriver, the only thing so far that has not left the best taste in my mouth has been the customer service, they weren't the most helpful lot seemed pretty keen to send me on my way!

Raw have had the best customer service so far

However my decision will not be solely made on customer service I want quality products preferably Aussie made and majorly improved ride and drive ability
            Had a similar experience with the manufacturer sales youngish rep. ...

. Ordered from an on seller at a cheaper rate ...

The ride speaks for itself
            2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Sjb-85
              • Jan 2013
              • Pakenham, Vic

That is very well priced and looks like they use quality products

Originally posted by chillipepperz View Post
              I will soon pull the trigger on a new suspension/lift kit for my '14 Challenger so I am watching this thread with interest.

I am considering the Lovells springs/shocks combo as a possibility. The parts appear to be able to be picked up quite economically. Has anyone had experience with this setup on a Challenger?

My preference for only a couple of hundred more is Ultimate Suspension. Select4WD seems to be well priced. https://select4wd.com.au/products/se...allenger-pb-pc

There appears to be many Pajero's and Triton's with Ultimate and they seem happy, but how does this setup work in a Challenger?

Cheers!
              Andrew

Comment

• Sjb-85
                • Jan 2013
                • Pakenham, Vic

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                Had a similar experience with the manufacturer sales youngish rep. ...

. Ordered from an on seller at a cheaper rate ...

The ride speaks for itself

Who was the on seller little river?

Comment

• littleriver
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Queensland

Originally posted by Sjb-85 View Post
                  Who was the on seller little river?
                  PM sent

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X