Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 27-09-17

Okay thanks for the quick response guys .
Old 27-09-17

My initial thoughts were fuel starvation.
When I got to my destination, I lifted the bonnet and was able to get quite a few pumps on the fuel filter hand pump .
Haven't had the chance to drive it since.
Old 27-09-17

Just a quick question , should the water pump belt be replaced at the same time as the cam belt ?
Old 27-09-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzyal View Post
Just a quick question , should the water pump belt be replaced at the same time as the cam belt ?
was unaware that there is a separate water pump belt (is cam belt and balance shaft belt)

water pump is driven by main drive belt (alternator/pwrsteer/waterpump all in one)

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Last edited by littleriver; 27-09-17 at 10:05 AM.
Old 27-09-17

Probably me who has it wrong
Old 27-09-17
Valued Member

this may assist you a little workshop online manual ...

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...1/index_M1.htm

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 27-09-17

Excellent info . Thank you.
I pumped up the fuel filter again before head the 100kms home .
Car felt okay for the trip .
We'll see what tomorrow brings.
I did notice in the service records that the fuel filter was replaced about 1000kms ago . So that will be my first check if it plays up tomorrow
Old 29-09-17

Okay , surging continues . Seems like I've read a hundred pages of surging threads referring to Triton / Challenger .
Seems likethe SCV is themain culprit. I have added a heap of diesel additive to the tank .
But it seems that the SCV needs to do a re learn if replaced or if the battery has been disconnected .
As this vehicle has never seen the inside of a Mitsubishi dealer and is 7 years old and 136,000 kms , it's probably safe to assume that the battery would have been disconnected at some stage .
So perhaps a re learn when booked in for cam belt replacement .
Old 29-09-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Okay , surging continues . Seems like I've read a hundred pages of surging threads referring to Triton / Challenger .
Seems likethe SCV is themain culprit. I have added a heap of diesel additive to the tank .
But it seems that the SCV needs to do a re learn if replaced or if the battery has been disconnected .
As this vehicle has never seen the inside of a Mitsubishi dealer and is 7 years old and 136,000 kms , it's probably safe to assume that the battery would have been disconnected at some stage .
So perhaps a re learn when booked in for cam belt replacement .

No relearn needed if battery disconnected. Diesel additive won't fix it If it needs a new SCV it needs it. Some here have pulled the SCV apart cleaned it and reassembled it. Don't know how long it lasts.

Buy one from E bay and have it fitted. 30 minute job. MM do recommend an SQL after fitment. We had it done months after fitting the SCV.
Old 29-09-17

Quote:
Trip home from melb was great , all well .
But driving to work this morning I'm feeling a surging sensation at hwy speeds . Acceleration is fine , but on slight throttle as used when cruising it's surging.
Feels like a fueling problem.
Thought I might give you my twenty cents worth. Three months ago I bought a 2011 MN Triton cab chassis auto ute to share garage space with our 2012 PB Challenger. The Triton had been serviced a couple of days before I bought it and also suffered from surging on the highway. My son who is a diesel fitter by trade mentioned there was a little moisture on the fuel filter so I nipped it up a little and have had no surging since.