• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clermont
    • Sep 2017
    • Queensland

Pajero goes into Limp mode on intitial start up

wondering if anyone has come across this problem, our Pajero 2008 Diesel, goes into limp mode as soon as you start in 1st up.. coasts for a few meters even with foot flat to pedal, then all of a sudden comes to life and runs normal for rest of day...
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by clermont View Post
    wondering if anyone has come across this problem, our Pajero 2008 Diesel, goes into limp mode as soon as you start in 1st up.. coasts for a few meters even with foot flat to pedal, then all of a sudden comes to life and runs normal for rest of day...

Any warning lights come on? ASC, Check engine ABS etc.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Are you confusing 'limp mode' with turbo lag? If I let the revs drop less than say 1000 R/min and flatten the foot, nothing happens for what seems like forever (especially if a B double is about to hit you), and then Wham - the turbo kicks in and away you go. I have a manual transmission and if I am quietly proceding thru an intersection, the lag can be quite dangerous.

Comment

• clermont
        • Sep 2017
        • Queensland

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        Any warning lights come on? ASC, Check engine ABS etc.
        No warning lights nothing, reversed it into carport, then next morning started it up, put foot to floor nothing it just coasted out for a few meters then suddenly came to life and drove, with no problems

Comment

• clermont
          • Sep 2017
          • Queensland

Originally posted by erad View Post
          Are you confusing 'limp mode' with turbo lag? If I let the revs drop less than say 1000 R/min and flatten the foot, nothing happens for what seems like forever (especially if a B double is about to hit you), and then Wham - the turbo kicks in and away you go. I have a manual transmission and if I am quietly proceding thru an intersection, the lag can be quite dangerous.
          This is on initial start up in carport, turn key on, put in reverse or drive and nothing, it just seems to coast out of carport, then suddenly accelerates, then runs well all day, just that 1st start up, you can put foot flat on accelerator either in reverse or drive, and nothing, then all of a sudden it will go...

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

Any blockages? Cat dpf airfilter manifold etc? Clean map and maf?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

In 4H by any chance? Any flashing wheel lights?
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• clermont
                • Sep 2017
                • Queensland

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
                Any blockages? Cat dpf airfilter manifold etc? Clean map and maf?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                Have just had the manifolds and EGR valve cleaned, new sensor engine control thingo valve kit injection pump replaced..... was doing it before that was all done

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X