X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davwal
    • Jan 2019
    • Ringwood

Did anyone sort out the power to the glass antenna?

Can this just go to accessory 12v?

D.

Comment

• scotty693
      • Mar 2019
      • Adelaide SA

Hi davwal

I have done a full stereo upgrade and will post specs on the forum when its complete.
      I have an upgraded unit in at the moment in replace of the MMCS and I havent applied any power to the glass antenna and have no issues with radio.

I used aeropro iso connectors and everything is good.
      good luck and let us know how you go

Scott

Comment

• paceman
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2018
        • Mackay

Originally posted by scotty693 View Post
        Hi davwal

I have done a full stereo upgrade and will post specs on the forum when its complete.
        I have an upgraded unit in at the moment in replace of the MMCS and I havent applied any power to the glass antenna and have no issues with radio.

I used aeropro iso connectors and everything is good.
        good luck and let us know how you go

Scott
        just wondering what model of paj you have and what did you install to replace the MMCS?
        Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• Keithyv
          Valued Member
          • May 2018
          • Perth

Originally posted by davwal View Post
          Did anyone sort out the power to the glass antenna?

Can this just go to accessory 12v?

D.
          Yes it can.
          I did measure it when I put my new headunit in as I was worried it would overload the aux outlet.
          I did write it down somewhere but was in the order of 60 mA from memory.
          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• davwal
            • Jan 2019
            • Ringwood

Thanks Keith,

I'm debating just sticking an antenna on the bar tbh, even when with the mmcs the reception was crap out of town.

Dave

Comment

• ssbob
              • Jan 2014
              • victoria

Sorry another question as I have a setup which I cant see discussed previously.
              - Rockford system
              - Roof mounted DVD/TV player for the kids in the back

I believe there is enough to give me a solution for the rockford system in the forum (using the MITO-002 adapter), but I cant see anyone talking about managing the roof mounted DVD player as this is integrated with the head unit.

Has anyone managed to replace the head unit and keep the back TV /DVD player working with the speakers and bluetooth headphones??

Note I am keen on an apple play head unit.

Thanks
              Simon

Comment

• chris newman
                • Jan 2008
                • Melbourne

Android 9 unit installed and camera working.

2010 NT Exceed with Rockford I ended up replacing the MMCS with an Idoing Android 9 double din unit from Aliexpress, they even rang me twice from China to ensure it would just plug in and work. It comes with its own surround attached so was very easy. It has a Can Buss adaptor, Connects to the internet through my phone so I now have Google in the car, Understands me much better than the silly MMCS. I installed the remote microphone provided today so will see how this goes as it does not use the original microphone.

The only problem was the Camera which they advised would not be working, the unit would work fine with a 12volt camera if you have one but the Pajero standard unit is 6.7 volts as mentioned before.

I managed to get the camera working by building a 6.7 Volt power supply. You just need to do some wiring behind the unit to the spare plug.
                Using these connectors work well for the camera power supply and Video cable, needed 2 more so a 10 pack would be good from Aliexpress.
                5PCS T type 1pin/2pin Scotch Lock Quick Splice Wire Connectors for Terminals Crimp Electrical Car Audio 24-18AWG Wire Set

I now have a spare MMCS if anyone would like to buy one.
                MY10 NT Exceed DiD, Android Headunit 10.1" from Idoing with the camera working. Dual Battery, Piranha Tray for the original battery, Projecta 150A Charging unit, Main Battery Pannasonic (2018), second battery (2019) Lead Crystal 130AH. Draws and Engle Fridge, ARB Compressor, Kings Awning and James Baroud Rooftop tent. Aux Fuel tank.

Comment

• BigAlzy
                  • May 2015
                  • Perth

Hi Chris
                  Just been talking to Idoing and they say there is an issue with this unit and Rockford factory amplifier, it will not fade properly to back speakers via their head unit. You have an Exceed? you therefore have a Rockford amplifier don't you? What's going in with yours? What about steering wheel controls? What about back seat roof DVD? It doesn't look like it does Apple carplay, all a shame, it looks pretty good generally and the Idoing people were really responsive when I was asking questions. Can't see a website to get updates. Still searching for a solution, thinking to not bother getting very attractive as I have a SANWU bluetooth adaptor to glovebox RCA jacks that allows for the brilliant Rockford sound system to do its job but I really want the visual stuff to go with it as the MMCS is a button locked featureless hopeless GPS noisy fan pile of junk, well it was in 2010.

Comment

• paceman
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2018
                    • Mackay

Originally posted by chris newman View Post
                    2010 NT Exceed with Rockford I ended up replacing the MMCS with an Idoing Android 9 double din unit from Aliexpress, they even rang me twice from China to ensure it would just plug in and work. It comes with its own surround attached so was very easy. It has a Can Buss adaptor, Connects to the internet through my phone so I now have Google in the car, Understands me much better than the silly MMCS. I installed the remote microphone provided today so will see how this goes as it does not use the original microphone.

The only problem was the Camera which they advised would not be working, the unit would work fine with a 12volt camera if you have one but the Pajero standard unit is 6.7 volts as mentioned before.

I managed to get the camera working by building a 6.7 Volt power supply. You just need to do some wiring behind the unit to the spare plug.
                    Using these connectors work well for the camera power supply and Video cable, needed 2 more so a 10 pack would be good from Aliexpress.
                    5PCS T type 1pin/2pin Scotch Lock Quick Splice Wire Connectors for Terminals Crimp Electrical Car Audio 24-18AWG Wire Set

I now have a spare MMCS if anyone would like to buy one.
                    have you got some pics of the install?

also, any more details, pics about the 6v power supply for the camera?

very interested in this unit...
                    Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• mini696
                      • Sep 2017
                      • QLD

Just saw Denmonkeys install video on the Idoing system.
                      I hope it will be a true plug and play system with the 12 speakers and rooftop DVD.

Comment

• Steve.AES
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Qld

Mmcs

Ive been looking to replace the MMCS but due to the number of issues with Fosgate, steering wheel and reversing camera issues have held off due to costs involved, but I came across these in the UK anyone else had or used this interface?

https://www.bassjunkies.com/ctsmt007-2.html

Comment

• PatrickMcC
                          • Jan 2020
                          • Townsville

Idoing Head Unit

Hi all
                          I just installed the Idoing 9 inch screen. The MMCS had a fault and had to go, I'm glad about that.
                          Any way the install didn't go very smooth. It looks great on the dash and the part of the install was simple, but I couldn't get the amp to switch on. The Head unit had power and was doing its thing but no sound. Idoing tech support was helpful. In the end i couldnt get it to work until i was driving down the highway and was fiddling with my headlights. It works with the headlights on!!??
                          Still some tweaking but I'm really happy with it.
                          All of the steering wheel buttons work too

My Pajero
                          2012 Platinum
                          Rockford Fosgate 12 speaker

Comment

• PatrickMcC
                            • Jan 2020
                            • Townsville

Update on the install.
                            Spliced some wires on the canbus together and she works. The pajero wiring is fine. The Canbus wasn't wired correctly. All I need to do now is install the voltage converter and get the reverse camera going

Comment

• G8r
                              • Oct 2014
                              • Queensland

Originally posted by PatrickMcC View Post
                              Update on the install.
                              Spliced some wires on the canbus together and she works. The pajero wiring is fine. The Canbus wasn't wired correctly. All I need to do now is install the voltage converter and get the reverse camera going
                              Did you use the Aerpro MIT002 amp retention kit? I think that may have been the fix?

Comment

• TomOli
                                • Mar 2020
                                • NSW

Originally posted by PatrickMcC View Post
                                Update on the install.
                                Hi Patrick, do you know which wire or have any extra info? I've been scratching my head at mine for 3 full days and it's killing me. Last night I think I might have got somewhere as I can hear a faint noise from the speakers when I switch it off, but still no audio or beeps. But I think that means that I've managed to turn the amp on.

Any advise is appreciated!

Cheers, Tom

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X