• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Diesel shelf life

Having just completed a trip from Melbourne to FNQ and back with a spare 20l jerry of diesel which I never used thanks to the LRA tank, I'm wondering how long I've got to use that fuel before it goes off (if indeed it ever does ?).
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
    Having just completed a trip from Melbourne to FNQ and back with a spare 20l jerry of diesel which I never used thanks to the LRA tank, I'm wondering how long I've got to use that fuel before it goes off (if indeed it ever does ?).
    I,ve had diesel in drums that was 4 year old. Couldnt tell the difference when used...

Should safely get 12 months out of it. Maybe if keeping longer add a growth inhibitor to keep algae growth out. The lower sulphur content sees modern fuel go off quicker.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• zoom
      • Apr 2017
      • Sydney

Use it

Comment

• wilyum
        • Jul 2008
        • Canberra

G`day,
        What ZOOM said. Just use it and refill the can next time you go away.
        Cheers,
        Wilyum.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Using it was my original intention, just wanted to make sure it was ok. Thanks for the replies and to Dicko for the extra info.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X