Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 29-04-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Call MMA help line and inform them of your situation - then ask them for a loan car - sure they will organise one for you ... make sure to inform them of extreme importance to you

Turning off the ASC by the switch installed is all good otherwise it wouldn't be there ... permanently disabling it would be another kettle of fish

Thanks Littleriver, I did not think of MMA, I will call tham Monday mornig and see what they can do.
Old 29-04-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
You mentioned words to the effect of 'traction control/stability control light flashing on dash' - sorry if I'm stating something you already know, but they are two separate lights for two separate systems (which can work together). Has the dealer told you which light is activating when the issue occurs?

For example, I turn the stability control off when off road, so the ASC light is visible on the dash, but I can still see the traction control light flashing separately when that systems kicks in. Then as OJ stated, when you put the rear diff lock on, all the lights are visible on the dash.
It is the orange light, pic of the car with the squiggle line below it, if that makes sence. It is the only light that I have seen come on when the car slides or the wheels spin. What is the other light?
Old 29-04-17
Valued Member

There are 2 lights both orange when illuminated. One is "ASC OFF" and this lights up when the ignition is first turned on and then it goes out, it will also illuminate if the "ASC OFF" button is pushed. The second light is the ASCTC activation light, this is the "car with skid marks" it only illuminates and flashes when the ASC or the TC or both systems are operating, I would like it to beep or buzz when it is activating do you can adjust your driving style to prevent it from continuing to activate. Gen 4 Pajero's that have a superior TC system will often overheat and shutdown during long periods of operation, problem is that when the TC system is working overtime you are too busy watching the road or the track to look at the dash display.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 29-04-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
There are 2 lights both orange when illuminated. One is "ASC OFF" and this lights up when the ignition is first turned on and then it goes out, it will also illuminate if the "ASC OFF" button is pushed. The second light is the ASCTC activation light, this is the "car with skid marks" it only illuminates and flashes when the ASC or the TC or both systems are operating, I would like it to beep or buzz when it is activating do you can adjust your driving style to prevent it from continuing to activate. Gen 4 Pajero's that have a superior TC system will often overheat and shutdown during long periods of operation, problem is that when the TC system is working overtime you are too busy watching the road or the track to look at the dash display.

OJ.
Hmm I have the ASCTC off (traction control, orange pic of car with skid marks.) Light when I press the button but I don't remember ever seeing the ASC OFF light.
Old 29-04-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbiskit View Post
Hmm I have the ASCTC off (traction control, orange pic of car with skid marks.) Light when I press the button but I don't remember ever seeing the ASC OFF light.
The ASC OFF is an orange light of a car with skid marks and "OFF" underneath, it is directly left of the ASCTC activation light which is orange and is the car with skid mark symbol only. Both are located on the bottom edge of the RH dash display/dial.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 29-04-17

Quote:
The ASC OFF is an orange light of a car with skid marks and "OFF" underneath, it is directly left of the ASCTC activation light which is orange and is the car with skid mark symbol only. Both are located on the bottom edge of the RH dash display/dial.

OJ.
Sorry OJ I think I am getting confused lol when I push the putting near my right knee the car with skid marks and off light comes on but that is the only one.

Are you saying there is a second one you can turn off?

I know I stuffed the last reply.
Old 29-04-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbiskit View Post
Sorry OJ I think I am getting confused lol when I push the putting near my right knee the car with skid marks and off light comes on but that is the only one.

Are you saying there is a second one you can turn off?

I know I stuffed the last reply.
The other orange light is the ASCTC activation light and it the car with the skid marks symbol to the right of the ASCTC OFF light, it only illuminates when the engine is first start for a second or two and only whilst the engine is running and either or both the ASC an/or TC systems are activated automatically.

OJ.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 29-04-17

Quote:
The other orange light is the ASCTC activation light and it the car with the skid marks symbol to the right of the ASCTC OFF light, it only illuminates when the engine is first start for a second or two and only whilst the engine is running and either or both the ASC an/or TC systems are activated automatically.

OJ.
OK that is what I thought. Thanks.
Old 29-04-17

Interesting thread. My 4 year old PB has standard suspension and I really have to do something silly to induce the intervention of the ASC (think lots of throttle, wet road and steering input). I don't ever recall having it go off when it shouldn't. Been thinking about playing with the suspension (rear) to help keep the ride level when towing, so reading this thread with interest. DD.
Old 29-04-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DID Dash View Post
Interesting thread. My 4 year old PB has standard suspension and I really have to do something silly to induce the intervention of the ASC (think lots of throttle, wet road and steering input). I don't ever recall having it go off when it shouldn't. Been thinking about playing with the suspension (rear) to help keep the ride level when towing, so reading this thread with interest. DD.
It's not the lift that has caused it. It has made it worse, but it has done it since new.