• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Triton Refreshed for MY 17

The Mitsubishi Triton has been refreshed for 2017 with new features and designed tweaks across the entire line-up – it’s on-sale now.
    THE MITSUBISHI TRITON range has been refreshed for 2017. To keep the top-spec Triton variants within coo-ee of the fresher players on the market, the GLS and Exceed models now get Smartphone Display Audio or SDA – with 7-inch colour touch screen has been added to the top-spec Triton GLS and Exceed for improved connectivity. In addition, Exceed now has an electro-chromatic rear view mirror and heated front seats.
    Recommended for you: Mitsubishi Axs - Check out Mitsubishi Axs?
    Search.gmx.net/Mitsubishi Axs | Sponsored
    On the outside, the GLS and Exceed models get a dark chrome grille and headlight accents and platform-style side steps.
    Reversing camera and rear step bumper is now standard on Triton GLX double cab, as are 16-inch All-Terrain tyres on GLX and GLX+ 4x4 variants.@*$#The GLX also gets an AM/FM CD system with 6.1-inch colour touch screen – previously fitted to Triton GLS – and a new design key fob.
    MMAL Executive Director of Marketing Tony Principe said Triton represents smart buying in the LCV segment, attracting private customers with its reliability, toughness and great features.
    “With All-Terrain tyres, reversing camera and rear step bumper now available on GLX 4x4 manual at $37,000 recommended retail, the 2017 Triton range continues to offer compelling value for savvy light commercial buyers,” he said.
    “We’ve upgraded every model in the 2017 range to enhance Triton’s appeal with smartphone connectivity on GLS and Exceed, upgraded audio on GLX and auto air-conditioning on our value-leading GLX+.”
    2017@*$#Mitsubishi Triton key features:
    Speed sensing auto door lock
    Crash detection door unlocking
    Driver’s seat back pocket (Club and Double Cab models)
    GLX:
    New variant: Club Cab Chassis with automatic transmission
    Reversing camera (Double Cab Pick Up models)
    Rear step bumper
    245/70R16 111S RF All-Terrain tyres (4x4 models)
    AM/FM CD display audio with 6.1-inch colour touch screen
    New shape key fob
    GLX+ (in addition to GLX changes):
    New variant: Club Cab Pick Up with automatic transmission
    Auto air-conditioning
    Piano black instrument panel trim
    Bright chrome interior door handles
    Standard suspension
    GLS
    Smartphone link Display Audio (SDA) with 2 USB outlets and HDMI port
    Dark chrome front grille and headlamp garnish
    Platform-style sidesteps
    4-spoke leather steering wheel design
    Improved instrument cluster graphics
    @*$#Exceed (in addition to GLS changes):
    Electro chromatic rear view mirror
    Heated front seats
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton pricing (not including on-road costs):@*$#
    @*$# @*$# @*$# @*$# @*$# @*$# @*$# @*$#
    17MY Triton range
    MT
    AT
    GLX
    Single Cab 4x2 petrol
    $22,300
    -
    Single Cab 4x2 diesel
    $25,800
    $28,300
    Single Cab 4x4
    $32,500
    $35,000
    Club Cab 4x4
    $35,300
    $37,800
    Double Cab 4x2
    -
    $36,000
    Double Cab 4x4
    $37,000
    $39,500
    Double Cab 4x4 Cab Chassis
    $36,250
    $38,750
    GLX+
    Club Cab 4x4
    -
    $38,500
    Double Cab 4x4
    $37,000
    $39,500
    GLS
    Double Cab 4x4
    $41,500
    $44,000
    Exceed
    Double Cab 4x4
    -
    $48,000
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

All cosmetic changes really except for the "all terrain tyres"
    Oops, that should be "all terrain tread patterned passenger tyres" as they are 245/70R-17 111S load index.
    Still a great value offering in the ute sector at under $40K for Base GLX and the GLX+ Double and Club Cab 4x4 variants.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

And from now on they are going to get nagged from the Smartphone Link Display now in the GLS and Exceed. Still represent great value these utes. Test drove both manual and auto versions and they go pretty good.
      Although it doesn't mention it I think they have put softer rear springs in the MY17 models for a bit more comfy ride.
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• 1_johnboy
        • Sep 2012
        • Gippsland

Wouldnt mind SDA in mine, standard stereo is crap. Wonder is it could be retro fitted?

Comment

• ---Scarface---
          • Jul 2014
          • Western Australia

I agree with johnboy, the standard radio is woeful and near impossible to see when the sun is anywhere above the horizon because of the glare. Other than that and a small gearbox issue which is being sorted under warranty (was a known issue with the manuals) I absolutely love the rig (MY16 GLX).

Comment

• 1_johnboy
            • Sep 2012
            • Gippsland

Im now going to remove the stereo, the screen is a joke. Most of the time its unreadable....also the camera seems very low quality (I think the screen resolution is to blame, not the camera. Im going to replace it with a Pioneer AVH-X8850BT. I just need to do some research to make sure I can make the factor camera work with it

Comment

• Merts
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2011
              • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by 1_johnboy View Post
              Im now going to remove the stereo, the screen is a joke. Most of the time its unreadable....also the camera seems very low quality (I think the screen resolution is to blame, not the camera. Im going to replace it with a Pioneer AVH-X8850BT. I just need to do some research to make sure I can make the factor camera work with it
              Any LCD display is hard to read when there is direct sunlight shining on it. I'm not convinced an aftermarket unit will make a lot of difference.

Regarding the camera resolution, I find it's clear enough for the intended purpose. I can see vehicles, other obstacles, line marking, and the tow coupling on my camper. I doubt I could read a book through it, but that's not something I'm likely to want to do.
              Merts
              Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
              Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• 4wd26
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

Originally posted by 1_johnboy View Post
                I bought that radio and fitted it to mine (ML) over Christmas.
                the screen is much better in regards to glare than the previous radio that I had fitted (and I still have yet put on the factory shroud) which should be slightly better again.

not sure on the factory camera
                ML triton with some accessories
                National E Trek Libary
                Getting Out There

Comment

• David79
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Christchurch NZ

Triton "Huntaway" from across the ditch. Based on the VRX.
                  Looking for a new car? Buy a new car from your nearest Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand dealership. Book a test drive today.

Comment

• 02-SR5
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Toowoomba

Seen the suspension lift.

1 inch strut spacer on the front and a 2 inch block on the rear. Factory suspension.
                    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

and gotta luvs the 10 yr diamond .. why o'why we don't have that here in Aus

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• RG76
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Sydney

And they offer a 10 year warranty, which is something I think we used to have on the drivetrain only (might've been 7 years)??? And 5 years on everything else...someone correct me here if I'm wrong.
                        2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X