X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chadley
    • Mar 2008

Issues Connecting to Android Auto

G'day guys and gals, I picked up my PS last week, and use a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone (android).
    I connect the phone via the cable to enable Android Auto (AA), but it is becoming more difficult to connect. I have to disconnect and then reconnect the phone more often just so it will engage AA.
    Is there anyone else having this issue, and if so, do you have a fix.
    I contacted the Dealer who stated they will take a look at it when I book it in for the initial service (checks etc).
    ta

Chris
    Chadley - 2016 Pajero Sport GLX
  • Cory
    • Jun 2008

I know this is probably of no help to you at all, but I have had no problems whatsoever connecting an iPhone 5 to Apple Carplay, but it did state that it did not work properly with earlier iPhones. Don't know about Samsung phones, but if it is an older one that might be the problem...

Comment

• Heisenberg
      • Feb 2016
      • Brisbane

What version of Android are you running? The Galaxy S5 is originally Android 4.4 Kitkat. Android Auto supports Android 5.x Lollipop. You may need to upgrade your OS for it to work properly.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

Playstore won't allow the download/install of Android Auto without the required version OS.
        Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 24-02-16, 10:24 PM. Reason: Clarification
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Djlech
          • Dec 2015
          • Brisbane

I have the same problem on the Note 4. Usually I need to reconnect the phone 3 times before Android Auto starts.
          I'm also having problem with the low volume but it looks like it is the phone firmware issue rather than the head unit according to other threads on internet.

Comment

• chadley
            • Mar 2008

Ok, been away for a little while, did some googling and this has worked for me.
            I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running 5.0.
            I completely backed up my phone, reset it, then restored it.
            I re-installed Android Auto.
            I start the car, and the unlock the phone and start Android Auto, then connect the phone to the car via the cable.
            This works 4 times out of 5.
            If it doesn't work, then I disconnect the phone, quite out of AA, restart AA and then reconnect the phone to the car.
            Might not work for everyone, but seems to work for me at the moment....

Then my wife gets in the car with with her iPhone, and connects 1st time very time..... Go figure....

Good luck...

Comment

• Heisenberg
              • Feb 2016
              • Brisbane

Having issues connecting the Mrs' LG G3. Doesn't seem to be any obvious fix after doing some googling. I've read that a lot of the overlay software from manufacturers and/or service providers can cause issues with USB connection. Not a lot of specifics though.

I after a restart I connected my Samsung Galaxy S6 OK. Once working Android Auto is brilliant. Brings the world of Google to your voice commanded in-car system.

Hopefully these connection issues will be sorted over time with system updates. The real advantage of using these phone app based systems is your car infotainment software system will be continually upgraded as your car ages.

Comment

I have been testing different obd2 connectors on my Challenger PC. Running a Galaxy 5. The Bluetooth connection works 2 to 3 times then just won't connect. Need to unplug theadapterthen reconnect it. The. Phone states its is connected but Torque just won't recognise it. If I use the wifi adapter I have no problems connecting each time. The problem according to some forums is the galaxy mobiles and Samsung tablets when running Bluetooth don't have software which is perfect and hence we have problems. Try a wifi adapter.

Comment

• doc-tickle
                  • May 2016
                  • Canberra

I have a 2016 GLS Pajero and having the same issue connecting to Android Auto. I have Galaxy S6 which is lucky to connect 1 in 10.
                  I now bought a Huawei P8 which connects more offen but the sound on phone calls is poor. It has also started yo become harder to connect. Started great but only lasted 2 weeks.
                  Have contacted Mitsubishi and the dealer but they all seem to have no idea.

Any further advise would be good and also note that apple connects every time i tried.

Comment

• chadley
                    • Mar 2008

Doc, there is a known issue with S6, Marshmallow and Android Auto. Have no idea when its going to be fixed, hopefully next update.....

If you're not running marshmallow, then try resetting your phone.

In the end I changed back to a Nexus 5, connects with just plugging it in, no need to unlock and start AA.

regards

Chris

Comment

• PaulN
                      • Apr 2016
                      • Queensland

Originally posted by chadley View Post
                      Doc, there is a known issue with S6, Marshmallow and Android Auto. Have no idea when its going to be fixed, hopefully next update.....

If you're not running marshmallow, then try resetting your phone.

In the end I changed back to a Nexus 5, connects with just plugging it in, no need to unlock and start AA.

regards

Chris
                      Thanks for posting this. At last we seem to have identified an android phone that seems to be working as it should with android auto. No one else on this thread (or the previous 'Android Auto' thread) named an android phone that connected easily every single time (as the iphones seem to) by just plugging it in. Do you mind getting back in a couple of weeks and confirming that it has kept connecting all the time by just plugging it in? If your Nexus 5 works consistently with Android auto by just plugging it in then I am going to buy one.

Does anyone else have any other android phone that works consistently with android auto by just plugging it in? If you could give details here of brand, model and OS version I'm sure people would be interested. I'm sure no one will hold you to any information provided but it at least gives us a starting point.
                      Pajero Sport QE GLS White

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

Xperia Z2 , no problems connecting in my NX. Also hooked up straight away when I jumped in the Paj Sport for a few days.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• chadley
                          • Mar 2008

Doc, I've been using the Nexus 5 for nearly 4 weeks now, and it connects just about every time without unlocking. Its currently using the latest version of Marshmallow.

Good luck
                          Chris

Comment

• woffleon
                            • Jul 2016
                            • NSW

I had all sorts of intermittency with my Samsung Note 4 in the beginning but a full update of marshmallow (6.0.1) and a reinstall of android auto and it works every time now. Oh and i did replace the cord with a good samsung one just to be sure but felt it was a software issue.
                            Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• Nairbr
                              • Feb 2016
                              • Perth

I have a Galaxy S7 running 6.0.1 and it connects every time without unlocking.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X