• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroma
    • May 2012
    • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
    Denial
    Need something to hold onto. I mean, now what the hell is my next 4x4 gonna be?!
    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2000
      • Tasmania

Originally posted by Jondalar View Post

We have a big question mark as to whether a large-size SUV can meet emissions requirements. We'll still keep manufacturing [the current version]. If we were to sell the Pajero, we would have to compensate by selling more EVs or other environmentally friendly cars. A next-generation Pajero model is not planned.

Cheers,
      Karl
      if thats the case then they are no worse off than any other manufacturer that makes a full size 4x4. Toyo, Nissan, Jeep, Landrover . They all arent thinking of pulling their flagship vehicles. Sounds like Mitsu are just copping out.
      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
        if thats the case then they are no worse off than any other manufacturer that makes a full size 4x4. Toyo, Nissan, Jeep, Landrover . They all arent thinking of pulling their flagship vehicles. Sounds like Mitsu are just copping out.
        I have to agree. All manufacturers have to meet the same standards
        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• conquistador
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2012
          • sth east queensland

In some respects Mitsubishi are in front of the competition. Its seen sales of its outlander phev outstrip demand. Something like 50000 have been sold into europe. Next year it goes to the states and even if its only halve as successful will change the game.

Now before you poo,poo at Electrics I present to you the diesel electric train...really good tow vehicle.

Were it appears to have failed is in developing the 2.4mivec diesel. It has a massive stroke of about 105mm (good for torque) which has been optimized for the 2.4 size but I don't think they allowed the engine enough scope for increased bore size to enable a larger capacity engine for the pajero.

Mitsubishi are right in opening a design centre in silicon valley. I suggest by 2020 we will see a really capable "something". Perhaps a PajEVo? part of the scope should be Dakar and Cape York worthy.
          Last edited by conquistador; 10-12-15, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Pedro's Pajero
            • Jul 2014
            • Brisbane

Sad day for Pajero owners

Comment

• Rovingman
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2014
              • Blue mountains

Yes a sad day!!! At least our current Paj's will hold there value!!
              Last edited by TC.Barky; 13-12-15, 01:43 PM. Reason: Removed reference to other threads post merge
              Pajero NT RX 2011
              Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
              LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• GHendo
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Northern NSW

Missed the "other" thread and don't always read the on-line 4WD mags. - not enough time in the day. Very sad day indeed as we all know it is one of the best 4WD vehicles out there.

Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• ticky
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Adelaide

Yeah, I dont understand this.

I was walking through Bunnings Car Park the other day, & between my car and the door, I counted 5 Pajero's. On the way back, and extra one had pulled up in the same vicinity.

They are very popular with Caravanners & 4WDers alike, and they forced Toyota to release the Prado to retain a market Share.

I thought they may have released a new Diesel Motor, and I believe that in itself would generate new sales for them. but to kill it off... It makes no sence to me.

Steve
                  2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• craka
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Newcastle (Newie)

Anyone else think it may be a way to sly the opposition in a couple year time by suprising the market?
                    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• DARKMAZE
                      • Jul 2015
                      • Belmont, Victoria

Does the new challenger have 7 seats?

In which case, is the Pajero not Superfluous?

Surely the only real difference between them at this point is the number of seats they have?

Comment

• TC.Barky
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by DARKMAZE View Post
                        Does the new challenger have 7 seats?

In which case, is the Pajero not Superfluous?

Surely the only real difference between them at this point is the number of seats they have?
                        Suspension configuration is a big difference. Traditionally build quality too (Japan vs Thailand) but they may have upped the game with this one, time will tell. Paj sport currently only has 5 seats (possibly will be changed). A lot of people will be frightened away by the smaller engine too.
                        MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                        Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Dicko1
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Cairns, FNQ

Whatever MM decide it will be influenced by the American market. We will cop the dregs and that's that. People have to realise we are really a nothing in motoring terms. America is going down the electric path--MM will oblige and distribute cars as such. Fossil fueled cars are on notice.
                          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Stoneman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                            Whatever MM decide it will be influenced by the American market. We will cop the dregs and that's that. People have to realise we are really a nothing in motoring terms. America is going down the electric path--MM will oblige and distribute cars as such. Fossil fueled cars are on notice.
                            That's the attitude they want us to have.

NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• DARKMAZE
                              • Jul 2015
                              • Belmont, Victoria

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                              Suspension configuration is a big difference. Traditionally build quality too (Japan vs Thailand) but they may have upped the game with this one, time will tell. Paj sport currently only has 5 seats (possibly will be changed). A lot of people will be frightened away by the smaller engine too.
                              Smaller engine, I can sort of understand, but the new motor has more power and torque than an NP and only marginally less than the current Pajero.

I thought the IRS of the Pajero was considered a 'hinderance' offroad, so the removal on the challenger should make it better offroad? Onroad, sure it makes it worse no question. And yes you're right about the 5 seat at the moment, but maybe they will make a 7-seat variant to replace the pajero.

If the old challenger was 7 seats and diesel, I'd have bought one (price comparitive of course).

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                                • Apr 2015
                                • Jamisontown NSW

Smaller engine, I can sort of understand, but the new motor has more power and torque than an NP and only marginally less than the current Pajero.

2.4 against 3.2 must come at a cost.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X