Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-04-15
reciprovac reciprovac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kilmore, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 200
Smile Seat modification report

Yesterday I posted that my 2014 Challenger was booked in for a seat modification to improve the park benches that were original .
The results have been fantastic.
The original foam was cut down and two layers of alternative product fitted.
The back of the seat was cut away and a softer foam fitted here to give relief to lower spine pressure.
There is no evidence that this work has been done except for a slightly more puffy look to the seats.
This has been the best $360 I have spent on the vehicle (two seats done).
As I believe this has been one of the more constant complaints on this forum I feel justified in passing on the details of the person who carried out this work.
The company is Inside cars ,factory 6 Woodbine crt ,Wantirna or www.inside cars.com.au, phone 03 9800 0003.
Adam says he can do seats that are transported to him for distant customers.
My vehicle now has seats that are much softer to sit on and as a result provide comfort not experienced since purchasing the vehicle.
Regards
__________________
2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-04-15
Tone13 Tone13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Victoria
Posts: 285
Default

That's great news and a reasonable price for two seats.

Are yours cloth or leather seats?
__________________
2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Last edited by Tone13; 23-04-15 at 05:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-04-15
spot01 spot01 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 2,611
Default

Sounds like you are onto a good thing - well done.

The ML Triton seats were worse than yours, so it may transform those cars also.

Perhaps you should offer to show the MMAL rep how much better it is now and they may "consider" for future models - I don't think they do much, if any, local testing or product clinics these days. I was told MMC electronically "mapped" rough tracks in SA so they could replicate in Japan and avoid the need to bring test cars to Oz - it may work for the suspension, but they forgot about the dust sealing!

In the modern world, you shouldn't have to do your own improvements to seating - too much assuming & penny pinching, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-04-15
fester fester is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gympie Qld
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
In the modern world, you shouldn't have to do your own improvements to seating - too much assuming & penny pinching, I think.
Nor should we have to drive around the auto box but yet we still do. For the people who still think the Challenger is a good package for the price they possibly got the seats they paid for.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-04-15
robdavo's Avatar
robdavo robdavo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Wantirna, Vic
Posts: 236
Default

Reciprovac. They are just around the corner from me, so will pop in at some point and check them out. Couple of questions for you though....
How long did they take to actually modify both the seats?
Assume as you have a PC, then the seats have side airbags. Were they fully aware of the do's and don'ts of disconnecting airbags?
How much assistance did they give you in actually deciding the modifications to the seats (driver/passenger weights, pain zones, comfort level, vehicle usage, expectations etc ?
Did you investigate the addition of air lumbar support or similar products that they may offer?

Sorry for the inquisition, but I assume that others will also be interested in any additional info and insight you can offer, as the seating quality is a subject that has oft been raised.
Rob
__________________
MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-04-15
Tone13 Tone13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Victoria
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
Nor should we have to drive around the auto box but yet we still do. For the people who still think the Challenger is a good package for the price they possibly got the seats they paid for.
Nothing wrong with making small improvements. Very hard to find a car at any price point that's perfect.......
__________________
2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-04-15
reciprovac reciprovac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kilmore, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 200
Default Seat modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone13 View Post
That's great news and a reasonable price for two seats.

Are yours cloth or leather seats?
My seats were cloth.
__________________
2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-04-15
reciprovac reciprovac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kilmore, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 200
Default Air bag seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdavo View Post
Reciprovac. They are just around the corner from me, so will pop in at some point and check them out. Couple of questions for you though....
How long did they take to actually modify both the seats?
Assume as you have a PC, then the seats have side airbags. Were they fully aware of the do's and don'ts of disconnecting airbags?
How much assistance did they give you in actually deciding the modifications to the seats (driver/passenger weights, pain zones, comfort level, vehicle usage, expectations etc ?
Did you investigate the addition of air lumbar support or similar products that they may offer?

Sorry for the inquisition, but I assume that others will also be interested in any additional info and insight you can offer, as the seating quality is a subject that has oft been raised.
Rob
It took 4 hrs to do both seats,if you ring Adam he can send you an Email showing the modifications.
Very aware of air bags and even tested connection prior to vehicle hand over.
Did not ask for Lumbar support as that is not my problem but I am sure the option exists.
We discussed my requirements before work commenced.
Work is given a warrantee,so no problems if issues arise.
Regards
__________________
2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-04-15
aus_andyk's Avatar
aus_andyk aus_andyk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 196
Default

Reciprovac

Any chance of some pics of the updated seats?

Not looking to hijack this thread, but are the XLS seats much better than the base model Challenger?

Is there any benefit to obtaining XLS seats from a wreck for the base model?

Since a recent drive to Sydney from Melbourne, I am looking for alternatives, as I have issues with my lower back.

Cheers
__________________
| PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Cooper ST Maxx | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-04-15
Tone13 Tone13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Victoria
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus_andyk View Post
Reciprovac

Any chance of some pics of the updated seats?

Not looking to hijack this thread, but are the XLS seats much better than the base model Challenger?

Is there any benefit to obtaining XLS seats from a wreck for the base model?

Since a recent drive to Sydney from Melbourne, I am looking for alternatives, as I have issues with my lower back.

Cheers
Personally, neither me or my wife have any issues with the xls leather seats and we do a lot of longish trips. A friend got in my car the other day and commented that the seats were quite firm. The xls seats are firmer than most but not to the point that I find them uncomfortable. I do have a bit of a bad back though and would like a little more lumbar support for long drives but I've felt the same thing in pretty much every car I've been in.
__________________
2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best modification Jacko Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories 4 18-06-15 05:38 PM
NW MMCS modification ns07 Generation 4-3 Pajero 8 29-03-13 08:07 PM
Car modification laws Leggator Mechanical 10 11-04-11 06:58 AM
Modification of Cars joelarberman76 General Info 8 24-04-10 07:44 PM
Vehicle Modification. olderperson General Info 10 25-06-09 03:08 AM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.