Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 11-03-15

I may be missing something here but why is the peak torque on the standard graph at 2400rpm? Shouldn't it be at 2000rpm since this is when the stock engine makes max torque from the factory?
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup View Post
Do you know what boost it runs now?

I'm guessing they didn't install a Dawes valve or needle to adjust the boost curve?

I can't see how this won't void a warranty. If anything, a chip would be better as you could remove it yourself before taking it to a dealer.

With this, all a dealer has to do is look at injection duration, fuel pressure etc. while the car is running and it would be pretty obvious that the car is running different maps.
What I understand they don't play with the boost ...

-as far as the warranty they offer 5+ yrs on their products and 100% Manufacturer Warranty (as advertised on their front page http://roosystems.com.au/ )
- more information at http://roosystems.com.au/warranty/

I had also talked to my Mitsubishi Service Department Foreman and showed him the dyno map (was very impressed) and he also said it is highly unlikely that it would void your warranty.
He's actually looking at also remapping his new Triton soon to be delivered.

Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeePee View Post
HJ, would there be evidence of the tune on the car somewhere for Mitso to see and void the warranty, if so i wouldn't do it. I know the Roosystems owner and use to take my GQ there before they got into bed with 4WD action, the service level was far better prior. They have a good dyno set up and do heaps of cars, if the price is reasonable i will chat to Glen (the owner) about tuning the auto and report back HJ. I am not interested if the cost is more than $500 I'll keep the thing standard.
Good luck with someone remapping your ECU, fine tuning your vehicle for <$500 with 4-5hrs labour, multiple dyno runs, 5+ yrs warranty of workmanship and Manufacturers Warranty 100% Intact, Guaranteed! Or we pay the difference + our own 5 year warranty (as quoted on Roosystems website).
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonsjs View Post
I may be missing something here but why is the peak torque on the standard graph at 2400rpm? Shouldn't it be at 2000rpm since this is when the stock engine makes max torque from the factory?
When I picked up my vehicle new max torque seemed to be around the 2000rpm mark ...
- After the first service (1,500km) Mitsubishi dealer did a software update.
Jumped into my vehicle and went to take off, where did all the low down power go ... rang the service department and they said it was ECU update ( I was very disappointed for 2yrs). Hence saving up and getting a ECU remap the car was like new again, Well better then new
Old 11-03-15

Cool. That makes sense. I'd be very disappointed as well. There seems to be a massive difference to what a 'normal' challenger's torque curve would look like and your one before the remap. Like you said it now seems to more closely follow the 'normal' challenger's torque curve but with more of it all through the rev range! Very good info to have should anyone else have issues after an ECU update.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Looks like MMA have a real issue with there software updates or software installers . Even a stock automatic tune should be making 270-280Nm (at the wheels) at 1800rpm

Littleriver i would be revisiting your service department foreman and asking why the stock numbers are so poor. While your remap still looks like a good thing, you are out of pocket trying to get some drivability back into your bus

With a stock tune like that, you and others are definitely not getting what you paid for

Last edited by BMN; 11-03-15 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMN View Post
Looks like MMA have a real issue with there software updates or software installers . Even a stock automatic tune should be making 270-280Nm (at the wheels) at 1800rpm

Littleriver i would be revisiting your service department foreman and asking why the stock numbers are so poor. While your remap still looks like a good thing, you are out of pocket trying to get some drivability back into your bus

With a stock tune like that, you and others are definitely not getting what you paid for
The dyno chart on a stock manual would pretty much be the same across the board if and when serviced with a Mitsubishi Dealership ( up to date software upload ) no use to complain when it's regulated to their Aus specs.

As for out of pocket expense, there would be two chances of that, sweet all and all

Throughout vehicle manufacturers there are always the sports model which you can pay up to $20K more or option "B" is to get a ECU
re-map done at a reputable workshop.

As a matter of interest do you still own a Challenger, is it Manual or Auto and do you have it serviced at Mitsubishi Dealership ... would be good to see it on the dyno at Roosystems to compare.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Good luck with someone remapping your ECU, fine tuning your vehicle for <$500 with 4-5hrs labour, multiple dyno runs, 5+ yrs warranty of workmanship and Manufacturers Warranty 100% Intact, Guaranteed! Or we pay the difference + our own 5 year warranty (as quoted on Roosystems website).
So what was the damage for the remapping then?
MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Yep auto Challenger self serviced since 30k so no updates etc. At 110k now and still drives like new. Have always been happy enough with low down grunt. Will ring WA distributor tomorrow and see what they charge for base dyno run.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeePee View Post
So what was the damage for the remapping then?
All the prices are here ( I just selected none in option 1 & 3 )

http://roosystems.com.au/product/tri...hipecuexhaust/