Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 10-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Your thoughts OJ ��
Is it a ECU Remap or a Chip?

As for the dyno graphs these are more believable than most as the factory power and torque have been measured at the rear wheels at about 75% to 80% of flywheel specs.

Impressive are the gains from 1500rpm to 2400rpm in both power and torque. If the dyno graphs are factual then the drive experience would be completely different

cheers, old Jack.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 10-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Is it a ECU Remap or a Chip?

As for the dyno graphs these are more believable than most as the factory power and torque have been measured at the rear wheels at about 75% to 80% of flywheel specs.

Impressive are the gains from 1500rpm to 2400rpm in both power and torque. If the dyno graphs are factual then the drive experience would be completely different

cheers, old Jack.
It is a Ecu Remap ....

After work was completed went for a drive with the leading hand (me driving) ... the results spoke for themselves ... I couldn't wipe the grin off my face ... a new lease of life for charlyn...
Dyno graph factual
Old 10-03-15
Valued Member

LR,

Why did you go down the ECU remap path rather than a "custom" chip which they also offer?

Will they refresh free of charge when the dealer does a ECU upgrade?

cheers, OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 10-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
LR,

Why did you go down the ECU remap path rather than a "custom" chip which they also offer?

Will they refresh free of charge when the dealer does a ECU upgrade?

cheers, OJ.
I personally thought the Ecu remap was a better option for me,less add ons, less to possibly fail if ever. Although a external chip maybe more accessible and possibly give you different tunes - each to their own 😊

currently they offer 2 free uploads per yr if or when the dealer accidentally over writes your map.
Old 10-03-15
Valued Member

Thanks LR,

I did some numbers from the graphs and although the gains in max kW & Nm figures are not that great, the improvement between 1500rpm and 2400rpm is !

cheers, old Jack.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 10-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Thanks LR,

I did some numbers from the graphs and although the gains in max kW & Nm figures are not that great, the improvement between 1500rpm and 2400rpm is !

cheers, old Jack.
Thanks for that OJ ....
There's also approx 80% gain in torque from 1500rpm
The Ecu remap is a Optimise tune ... there are also
performance tunes - more horse power
& Touring tunes - more torque
each having their own personalised tune to
what the customers after.
This is what I understood from the tech ....
Best to ring them or visit the site for more
accurate information

Last edited by littleriver; 11-03-15 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

LR, i know that place, what was the damage for the tune? Sounds like a good option for me, i don't want a chip as i want to retain the full 10 yr warranty.
MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeePee View Post
LR, i know that place, what was the damage for the tune? Sounds like a good option for me, i don't want a chip as i want to retain the full 10 yr warranty.
Hi Pee Pee,

Like you I wish to preserve the 10 year warranty, so why do you think a remap will be any different from a chip?
If the dyno graph is correct, what I like about the tune is the very modest gains the top end and the significant gains at the low end where I believe it is most beneficial for most of us. I would like to see a graph of an auto trans equipped Challenger to see how they handle the high stall ratio TC and the poor programming of the AT ECU PWM control during the dyno test.

cheers, old Jack.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 11-03-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Hi Pee Pee,

Like you I wish to preserve the 10 year warranty, so why do you think a remap will be any different from a chip?
If the dyno graph is correct, what I like about the tune is the very modest gains the top end and the significant gains at the low end where I believe it is most beneficial for most of us. I would like to see a graph of an auto trans equipped Challenger to see how they handle the high stall ratio TC and the poor programming of the AT ECU PWM control during the dyno test.

cheers, old Jack.
HJ, would there be evidence of the tune on the car somewhere for Mitso to see and void the warranty, if so i wouldn't do it. I know the Roosystems owner and use to take my GQ there before they got into bed with 4WD action, the service level was far better prior. They have a good dyno set up and do heaps of cars, if the price is reasonable i will chat to Glen (the owner) about tuning the auto and report back HJ. I am not interested if the cost is more than $500 I'll keep the thing standard.
MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.
Old 11-03-15

Do you know what boost it runs now?

I'm guessing they didn't install a Dawes valve or needle to adjust the boost curve?

I can't see how this won't void a warranty. If anything, a chip would be better as you could remove it yourself before taking it to a dealer.

With this, all a dealer has to do is look at injection duration, fuel pressure etc. while the car is running and it would be pretty obvious that the car is running different maps.