• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catsman
    • Feb 2012
    • Western Melbourne, VIC

Originally posted by tomlola View Post
    Well all prototypes look futuristic. And you know humans don't like changes. But after whinging we accept the progress. If you look at what the defender will become, this is a dramatic change in design

Search for land rover DC100 if you want to know more.
    Land rover head ofs have been at pains to to state new defender won't look anything like dc100 concept after the (poor) reception it received.
    NOW: 2009 Land Rover Discovery 3 SE - I'm working on it..

WAS: '94 NJ 3L manual - ARB bullbar, IPF spotties, 2" lift, OME shocks, 31" BFG A/T. 384k and no more, RIP old girl

Comment

• G Potter
      • Apr 2012
      • Colac

Originally posted by Benduro View Post
      Are you sure it wasn't the Ford Ranger/Territory thingo? Have seen this a bit around Geelong of late.
      I am fairly sure i could see the triple diamond on the front through the grill stickers.
      We will just have to wait i suppose.
      Greg

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Will be looking around late September/October for the Gen 4.4 Pajero.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• G Potter
          • Apr 2012
          • Colac

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Dave
          Does that mean they are being tested here now?
          Greg

Comment

• Steve_H
            • Feb 2012
            • Melbourne

Dave
            Does Gen 4.4 mean a revised Gen 4 or are they going for an all new car, Gen 5?
            2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Comment

• grhyso
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Perth

Dave
              Gen 4.4 suggests another update of the NW. Maybe the NX, NY or NZ? God forbid it may become known as the big apple or the kiwi

I wonder what sort of updates they could offer over currently in the NW, better noise insulation would be a start but I think it'll be more along the lines of slightly updated front bumper, stereo/integration closer to currently available standards (pandora and other apps etc) and maybe a few things more standard like xenon headlights, leather or half leather seats etc etc.

Anyone else have some ideas?
              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• s311_bvm
                • Oct 2011
                • AUS

Mitsubishi are on public record as saying the next generation Pajero is still some time away (now2016). It would seem logical that Pajero 4.4 is needed as a refresh to keep the buyer interest in Pajero.

Another thing to consider is that the 4M41 is now getting a bit old and does not comply with Euro 5 standards so cannot be used in a next generation Pajero. Perhaps the Pajero 4.4 is a release bed for an entirely new Diesel as Mits has never been known to release an entirely new body and engine in parallel like will be require for a next gen Pajero if not released in Pajero 4.4.

Another thing of interest in the automotive press is that Mitsubishi will supply Fiat with Triton for the European market as the Ram 1500 is too big.

Perhaps in return for Triton, Mitsubishi will gain the VM Motori A 630 engine for use in Pajero

Comment

• BrisVegas
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • Townsville, QLD

I reckon they need a new motor and/or transmission as something to take attention away from the 14-15 year chassis and body. If they only deliver cosmetic tweaks, then it's gonna be a tough slog of discounting to sell them while we wait for Gen 5.
                  'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• Yclept
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Sydney

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
                    ...I wonder what sort of updates they could offer over currently in the NW, better noise insulation would be a start but I think it'll be more along the lines of slightly updated front bumper, stereo/integration closer to currently available standards (pandora and other apps etc) and maybe a few things more standard like xenon headlights, leather or half leather seats etc etc.

Anyone else have some ideas?
                    That useless MMCS has got to go! and definitely some decent headlights are needed.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• S.Mac
                      • Nov 2008
                      • Adelaide, SA

what ever the next shape Pajero will be, it will be a challenge to everyones thinking i am guessing. Mitsubishi seem to be more willing to push the edge of tech more so than other Japanese 4wd companies

Comment

• Bundyk
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • North Nowra

New model spy pics

So it would seem the spy pics of the test mule are starting to surface. Spare wheel under the floor and a lift up tail gate is both good news and bad, but it looks like its still a proper 4x4, and it hasn't gone the way of the Pathfinder

Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• spot01
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Adelaide

Looks like a live axle diff under the back - Pajero or Challenger, I wonder?
                          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Fritterbug
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2013
                            • Brisbane

It has a very Outlander shape to it.
                            MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• Yclept
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • Sydney

I think I'm with the comments on the carsales article - looks more like a Challenger.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• grhyso
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • Perth

I'd be leaning towards challenger, considering that's meant to be released this year or early next and there's no spy pics shown yet the Pajero's 1 to 2 years later and these are supposedly spy pics for it?
                                2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X