Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 05-12-17
Valued Member

Default Torque app ATF temp PID

Evening all, i had Torque pro working nicely with my old phone to give me ATF temp.
Got a new phone and factory reset the old to give to a mate.

Didn't think to screenshot the PID settings for ATF temp.

Does anyone have the setting they could share please.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED light bar. Torque converter lock up switch. Airtec snorkel, Toyo Open Country AT2, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.
Old 05-12-17
Valued Member

Discussed here on a Gen 4 thread.
https://pajeroclub.com.au/forum/show...=28002&page=16

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 05-12-17
Valued Member

Found that earlier. Seems to mirror coolant temp.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED light bar. Torque converter lock up switch. Airtec snorkel, Toyo Open Country AT2, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.
Old 05-12-17
Valued Member

Was worth a try Amec.
TC in Challenger will not lock up until ATF is at 40C so this maybe helpful when you are fine tuning the setting.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 05-12-17
Valued Member

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

I found the formula before.
Old 05-12-17
Valued Member

This is for the Pajero with the Jatco box. Don't know if it works on the Challenger.

Go to Torque home screen and click on bottom Left Hand menu, then select settings, then, select Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Now select menu in top right hand corner, then add predefined set, then Chrysler/Dodge, then Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 1). Now a screen will come up options for: Trans.FI.Tmp and select Edit, now edit it. Change the fields first line is the heading and under it is what to change it to
OBD2 mode and PID(in HEX..... to

Short name (used in Display) to
Trans Temp

Minimum Value (typically 0) to
Maximum Value to

Scale Factor to
x1

Unit factor to
C

Equation (eg A+B+20- or [0d]+10=A or even just [0d] to
f-50

OBD Header to use (leave blank, 'Auto' or HEX header) to
TCM

Then go back to Torque home screen and click on bottom Left Hand menu, then select Vehicle Profile then edit the profile you already set up for the Pajero. Scroll to the bottom and select the protocol where it says "Automatit - through profile scan" and change to
ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit 500k baud)

Now when you add the transmission temp to a screen you must use:
Transmission Temp (Chrysler/Dodge)

Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 05-12-17 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-12-17
Valued Member

Deleted what i had saved and started again. Working now. Thanks.
Old 12-04-18

I use the same as Bruce and bobby, however found on my 2014 Challenger that the equation needs to be f-40. I came up with this after reading the engine temp and comparing it to the auto temp. They should be the same before you start your engine is my understanding. Once you start your car the engine temp will increase to operating temp, however the auto temp will be slower to begin rising. this morning and both were on 23 before I started the car. See what you think.

Last edited by fajer; 14-04-18 at 11:11 AM.