• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turtlee
    • Apr 2013
    • Western Australia

NW Pajero coolant change procedure ?

Hello fellas ,

I'm intending on doing my upcoming 75k service at home .

I would like to know the correct procedures in order to fully flush all the coolant out and the rear A/C as well . What tools are required etc.

As I'm thinking of changing over to either Penrith or Nulon coolant because it'll be more easier to source then Genuine, and longer intervals plus the price .. or should I just stick to Genuine ?

Many thanks
    Regards
    MY13 NW Pajero GLXR 3.2 Turbo Diesel
    Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.
  • Turtlee
    • Apr 2013
    • Western Australia

Just got a quote from Mitsubishi on the Genuine coolant ,
    $136 / 5ltr !!
    Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.

Comment

• spiderpig
      • Jan 2008

Just get the nulon longlife concentrate, good stuff.
      Don't buy the pre-mix stuff.

Comment

• Turtlee
        • Apr 2013
        • Western Australia

Right , the HD diesel coolant ?

Comment

• Hatto
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Mandurah WA

Strooth! Just got quoted the same from my mitsi dealer for 5 litres, although he said i could have it at trade for $100!
          I've got to do mine at my next service but am worried about using non genuine and not quite getting rid of all the old stuff causing it to turn to gel.
          What did you end up using turtlee? And what did it cost you?
          Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
          ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Gouldy
            • Feb 2012
            • Mackay

Coolant

I got some premix mm coolant last week from a dealer for $44 a 5l bottle ex gst
            NP 04 GLX 3.2 DiD

Comment

• Hatto
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Mandurah WA

Unbelievable! How can there be such a difference.
              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Turtlee
                • Apr 2013
                • Western Australia

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                Strooth! Just got quoted the same from my mitsi dealer for 5 litres, although he said i could have it at trade for $100!
                I've got to do mine at my next service but am worried about using non genuine and not quite getting rid of all the old stuff causing it to turn to gel.
                What did you end up using turtlee? And what did it cost you?

Hi mate , I ended using Penrite the blue one same colour as OEM. It meets and or exceeds the required specs , and doubled check with penrite and to see if they would warrant if things went wrong .
                It took me half a day to hange the coolant because I wanted it done properly so I just kept on flushing flushing and flushing and again to be sure lol . Well worth it though
                Save lots of money in the long run since Genuine is pricey .

Comment

• Ausdigga
                  • Sep 2013
                  • East Gippsland

I noticed that nobody replied to the first part of the post , how to flush and change the fluid including the rear air con . So , is there a proper procedure to drain , flush and refill -- or not??
                  Pajero NW,2013 GLX.R Full egr block,catch can, spare wheel lifter, bushskinz plates, full width shelf,engel fridge, OME suspension and 50mm lift, SPV mod.BD Aux tank, fan cooled transmission cooler with more to come! Towing an Opalite 540 caravan.

Comment

• TimTams
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Melbourne

i can't speak for the NW, but on my old delica I flushed the front and rear heater cores by disconnecting the hoses in the engine bay, putting the tip of the garden hose against / in the heater hose and running the tap until it ran clear. I also used a little electric pump to circulate some of that alkaline flush concentrate to clean it out, but you shouldn't need to do that on such a new car.

I also estimated how many L of coolant came out of the heaters and added that to what was in the bucket after draining the block. Used that value to add the right amount of coolant concentrate and then just topped up with distilled water until full
                    '95 LWB Pajero NJ 2.8TD Manual

Comment

• aussieintas
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • Sorell, Tasmania

Have a look in Do It Yourself Projects section of this forum, open top sticky labeled DIY Bible, scroll down to Gen 4 and click on Tech and body repair manual. Beleive section 14 may help.
                      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Ausdigga
                        • Sep 2013
                        • East Gippsland

Thanks for the help guys
                        Pajero NW,2013 GLX.R Full egr block,catch can, spare wheel lifter, bushskinz plates, full width shelf,engel fridge, OME suspension and 50mm lift, SPV mod.BD Aux tank, fan cooled transmission cooler with more to come! Towing an Opalite 540 caravan.

Comment

• Morville
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2008
                          • Buxton Vic

Originally posted by Ausdigga View Post
                          I noticed that nobody replied to the first part of the post , how to flush and change the fluid including the rear air con . So , is there a proper procedure to drain , flush and refill -- or not??
                          Mate I don't know the correct MM procedure to remove all the old coolant. This is the way I do it successfully. Apart from undoing the drain tap on the radiator and engine block drain screw beside the oil filter I undo the heater hoses under the drivers floor and hold a hose in them in turn until the water runs clear. This flushes the front and rear heater cores as well as the engine block. Don't do it with the coolant hot as the engine may not like the ingress of cold water.
                          Be sure to check the radiator and recovery bottle coolant levels regularly for some time after as some air left in the system will purge.
                          Good luck
                          Peter

Comment

• Trisome
                            • Dec 2012
                            • Bray Park

Don't mix coolant colors.

Trisome
                            2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

• Axis
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • Highett Vic

Originally posted by Morville View Post
                              Mate I don't know the correct MM procedure to remove all the old coolant. This is the way I do it successfully. Apart from undoing the drain tap on the radiator and engine block drain screw beside the oil filter I undo the heater hoses under the drivers floor and hold a hose in them in turn until the water runs clear. This flushes the front and rear heater cores as well as the engine block. Don't do it with the coolant hot as the engine may not like the ingress of cold water.
                              Be sure to check the radiator and recovery bottle coolant levels regularly for some time after as some air left in the system will purge.
                              Good luck
                              Peter
                              I used the same process for our NS. To be safe I used the same coolant as previous - MM genuine green. Flushed a few tines then filled. Ran with heater on high to get air leaks out and topped up.

Need to do it again actually.
                              07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X