Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Torque application hooked up to the NW - awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgrev
    • Sep 2010
    • Broken Hill

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am using Ultra gauge Blue. I have the trans temp working OK. Do you guys know if there is a PID for oil pressure or oil temp?

cheers
    Ian

I am using Torque Pro but cannot get trans temp readings.

Did you put in any formula or codes?

Regards
    Doug

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2000
      • Tasmania

Originally posted by dgrev View Post
      Ian

I am using Torque Pro but cannot get trans temp readings.

Did you put in any formula or codes?

Regards
      Doug
      Doug,

different app, but you need to create a gauge wiith custom settings. see below

Ok go to Torque home screen and click on bottom Left Hand menu, then select settings, then, select Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Now select menu in top right hand corner, then add predefined set, then Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Mercedes, then Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 1). Now a screen will come up options for: Trans.FI.Tmp and select Edit, now edit it
      change the fields first line is the heading and under it is what to change it to

OBD2 mode and PID(in HEX..... to

Short name (used in Display) to
      Trans Temp Pajero (orwhat ever you want to call it)

Minimum Value (typically 0) to

Maximum Value to

Scale Factor to
      x1

Unit factor to
      C

Equation (eg A+B+20- or [0d]+10=A or even just [0d] to
      f-50

OBD Header to use (leave blank, 'Auto' or HEX header) to
      TCM

You are not writing to the ecu therefore no damage can be done. You are only reading them.
      I have this working on mine and another NT for 9 months, and I am sure there are more using this info that have posted previously.

Glenn
      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• dgrev
        • Sep 2010
        • Broken Hill

Ian

Thanks, will give it a try.

Whilst on the subject of Torque pro settings, I also cannot get instantaneous (or any other) fuel usage gauge to work.

Does anyone have the settings for that please?

Regards
        Doug

Comment

• Sticks
          • Nov 2015
          • SA

PID for PC Challenger ATF Temp.

Hi has anyone got the Auto Trans Temp PID working on torque pro for a PC Challenger 2015 2.5 T Diesel.
          The mentioned code in this post does not seem to work.
          Tried converting XGauge code to Torque PID but i might be doing it wrong. Followed the below to do this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-06-15-23-20-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	975695

Hopefully post works. (First timer)

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

I got a Konwei Bluetooth adapter and Torque Pro. Seems to be working ok but I haven't had a chance to really explore all of the options. I have however got the Auto trans temp to display using Glenn's notes earlier in the thread ( thank you ) Is there anyway to verify the temp display? Not without another known sensor I presume? I ask because I can also get "Transmission Temperature (method 1)" to display a value which is about 10-15 deg cooler. This is more for interests sake as I believe Glenn has spent some time discovering the f-50 equation.

Also what of monitoring oil temp and pressure? Are there sensors for these two? I'm guessing there has to be something for oil pressure given the dash warning lamp. I pulled up the "oil temperature" gauge but reads blank (not green in the list either so no surprises there). Is there a custom PID for oil temp?
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Hatto
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
              Is there anyway to verify the temp display? Not without another known sensor I presume? I ask because I can also get "Transmission Temperature (method 1)" to display a value which is about 10-15 deg cooler.?
              With the transmission temperature displayed on torque, select "D" ,left foot hard on the brake and right foot applying throttle. Not allowing the car to move while applying throttle will make the torque converter slip and therefore you will (or should if you are monitoring the right sensor) see the temperature rise very quickly. 5-10 seconds will be plenty to see it.
              I have heard of people apparently monitoring transmission temps but instead monitoring a guage that is mimicking coolant temp. So make sure what you are reading is different to coolant temp.
              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Sydney

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the gauge I've got up with glenn's formula works. The drive home sees the temp ranging from about 62 to 83 which I got holding 110kph up a longish small to medium incline. I do note that the temp in certain conditions drops very rapidly from the average around mid 70's to the low 60's. Can rise pretty quickly too. I'll have to try to access the logs for a better look since I really shouldn't be paying that much attention to it whilst driving and so I've been glancing at it on the drive.

The other gauge I mentioned in my post above turns out to mirror the coolant temp. I thought it was reading a different temp altogether so disregard my
                I ask because I can also get "Transmission Temperature (method 1)" to display a value which is about 10-15 deg cooler.
                I don't know what I was thinking.
                NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• I have been raining the torque and wifi on my 2014 challenger PC. I note that the auto temp as set by the paid coding in the threads works well, however my question is that my gauge is showing a very fluctuating range of temps. I've it ranges from 20 to 40 to 60 etc within a couple of seconds?, should it vary at such a quick response to accellarating. It just varies so quickly. I am using the f-50, is this correct? Cheers

Comment

• Hatto
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by fajer View Post
                    I have been raining the torque and wifi on my 2014 challenger PC. I note that the auto temp as set by the paid coding in the threads works well, however my question is that my gauge is showing a very fluctuating range of temps. I've it ranges from 20 to 40 to 60 etc within a couple of seconds?, should it vary at such a quick response to accellarating. It just varies so quickly. I am using the f-50, is this correct? Cheers
                    Doesn't sound right to me.
                    I was under the impression that this method/equation would only work on a 3.2 DiD with its ECU. I could very well be wrong but I would think that the challenger with its different engine etc would require a different equation and settings.
                    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                      I am using the Torque Pro with the F-50 equation and get no readings. It remains at 0 degrees for my NX Pajero.
                      Did you modify the "Chyrsler/Dodge" PID or added via "Add Custom PID"?

I modified the Chysler/Dodge PID and should look like: (The lsat two boxes just out of the screenshot below "OBD Header to use" are left blank)
                      Attached Files

Build Thread

Comment

• vladguan
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Adelaide

Did you modify the "Chyrsler/Dodge" PID or added via "Add Custom PID"?

I modified the Chysler/Dodge PID and should look like: (The lsat two boxes just out of the screenshot below "OBD Header to use" are left blank)
                        Yup. I modified the Chrysler/Dodge PID and the last two fields are empty.
                        Please call me Vlad.
                        -----------------------
                        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Sydney

What Bluetooth adapter are you using? I believe there are known issues with quite a few of the cheapies and could just be the info isn't being transmitted. The cheapie I'm using is the Konnwei 902 and works although the auto-off feature that worked when I first got it only did so for about a week. The vendor said they'll send me a another so we'll see.

Build Thread

Comment

• vladguan
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2015
                            • Adelaide

What Bluetooth adapter are you using? I believe there are known issues with quite a few of the cheapies and could just be the info isn't being transmitted. The cheapie I'm using is the Konnwei 902 and works although the auto-off feature that worked when I first got it only did so for about a week. The vendor said they'll send me a another so we'll see.
                            The one from totalcardiagnostics.com.
                            Please call me Vlad.
                            -----------------------
                            MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Sydney

That's the one that is supposed to have the genuine ELM chip too isn't it?

I'll be in Adelaide next week staying in town and free on Tuesday arvo. If you wanted I can take my adapter and give it a try in your Paj if you can meet me in town.

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X