• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pdiddy
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Reverse camera

Just connected a reverse camera to the previously installed double din pioneer head unit. I found that by removing the three plugs from head lining across rear tailgate door and then the upper drivers side rear cargo trim I could feed thru to the front a 2m piece of 6mm dowel (snake) just about all the way to front A pillar all the way along top drivers side roof corner.. The drivers side A pillar facia is easliy removed to feed the cable down to above the pedals then across to headunit.
    At the rear I fed cable down then thru to tailgate thru rubber joiner. Camera placed just above number plate on plastic housing. Enlarged rubber grommet feeding number plate light in tailgate to fit cable thru with no driling required. A couple of self tappers to hold camera under back plastic handle above number plate. Routing cable thru this way seemed a lot easier than along footwells etc. Used a 140 degree ccd camera and have very good result.
    04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc
  • marcthelegend
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2008
    • Gosnells, WA

got any pics of the where the camera is mounted?

Marc
    05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
    brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• entropy
      • May 2009
      • NSW Lake Macquarie

Originally posted by Pdiddy View Post
      I found that by removing the three plugs from head lining across rear tailgate door and then the upper drivers side rear cargo trim I could feed thru to the front a 2m piece of 6mm dowel (snake) just about all the way to front A pillar all the way along top drivers side roof corner.. The drivers side A pillar facia is easliy removed
      Nice catch - this info could be very useful, Thanks.
      Current ride
      Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE with factory diff lock.

Gone but not forgotten
      NT SWB X DiD in Cool Silver

Comment

• Pdiddy
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

From what I've seen seems to be a common location to mount camera on pajeros/prados. I'm not sure how up high inside rear door would be though.
        Attached Files
        04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc

Comment

• Ranger J
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Perth, Western Australia

A bit of a thread revival.

I am installing my reverse camera, similar to Pdiddy's, this weekend. I'm just wondering where others had hooked their power lead (for the camera) up to. I only need the camera to be on when selecting reverse, so I'm thinking of tapping the lead into the rear drivers reverse light, instead of running a lead all the way down from the dash. Unfortunately I don't have the exact current draw the camera has with me (but can post up later), but I'm wondering whether it has the potential to blow a fuse, or any other negative impacts, if use this method?
          NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Zed
            • Jun 2008
            • Hunter Valley

I installed mine the other week, I first wired the monitor into the rear power socket and powered the camera from the drivers reverse light but have changed the the monitor the reverse light also.
            It told me to source monitor power from the fuse box but after laying the cables out the wires were at the rear and wouldnt reach back to the front.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X