• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnFromPerth
    • Mar 2018
    • Western Australia

Oil and Filter?

What oil and filter are people using?

Can someone tell me the Ryco or similar after market filter number for the PS.

Also what oil to use?

The User's manual says 5w30 ACEA classification C1,C2,C3, or C4.
    or
    JASO DL-1

I understand these specs are for a low ash diesel oil needed for the particle filter on the exhaust.
    What brands and type are people using?
  • Brendo83
    • Jul 2018
    • Brisbane

Genuine filter and penrite Enviro+ c1

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Google found this re Ryco filter

Choose Ryco Filters for the best oil filters, air filters, fuel filters and vehicle products. The leading filter experts in Australia and New Zealand.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• ron2503
        • Dec 2017
        • Alex Hills

MM have issued a notice that 5w40 can also be used in warm climates. This also prevents some blow by going into the DPF.
        2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
        Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
        Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• glids37
          • Feb 2016
          • Banksia Park S.A.

My dealer uses 'Castrol Magnatec Professional MPDX 5W-30', so that is what I use.

I am a bit conservative regarding oil changes, and don't feel every 15,000km is often enough. For the sake of some oil and a filter, I now change every 10,000km, using the above oil and genuine filter.

I have bought the oil in 20L drums from a local oil supplier at a MUCH reduced price. When the oil changes coincide with a regular service, I supply the oil (and filter) to the dealer and save a bucket of $$$'s on the service charge. I also can buy my filters and other parts at Trade Price, and that helps.

Cheers,
          glids
          QE Pajero Sport GLX: Snorkel, BOOS Bash Plates, Nudge Bar, LED Light Bar, Allin Towbar, Redarc TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Uniden UHF, and other fruit.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
            • Mar 2018
            • Western Australia

Thanks for the information guys.
            Will chase up the recommended filter and oil.

Comment

• Loady1
              • Aug 2016
              • Queensland

Oil consumption.

Dealer is notifyjng Mitsubishi of excessive oil consumption on my PS. Went from normal level to the low add mark in 8000kms. The tech tells me tha a dpf regen occurs every 700kms and if anythjjng my oil level should have gone up. Happy days ahead as Mitsubishi ducks and weaves around this issue
              Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
              Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• Brendo83
                • Jul 2018
                • Brisbane

If you only burnt that much in 8000 that is nothing I would not worry about it at all, I have spent a lot of time in the use of engine oil in newer engines. Some manufacturers will allow up to 1.5 lts of oil per 1000km and no I'm not joking

Comment

• Loady1
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Queensland

As I said Mitsubishi themselves predict that in normal use the oil level should go up due to dpf regen. The senior tech at the dealership acknowledged that even after 11 dpf regen cycles having the level 1 litre low is cause for concern.
                  Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
                  Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Originally posted by Brendo83 View Post
                    If you only burnt that much in 8000 that is nothing I would not worry about it at all, I have spent a lot of time in the use of engine oil in newer engines. Some manufacturers will allow up to 1.5 lts of oil per 1000km and no I'm not joking
                    guess they would be the manufacturer to stay clear of

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X