• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glids37
    • Feb 2016
    • Banksia Park S.A.

Removing the Intro Screen Message

G'day all.

I thought I read in the Owner's Manual or Manual on the Display that you could get a Mitsy dealer to remove that infernal introduction screen message that you have to agree to every time you start the vehicle.

I had our PS in for its 1500 service a couple of days ago and they advised that it cannot be removed - we are stuck with it.

Does anyone know if that is right, or can it be removed? If so, how?

Loving the vehicle!!

Cheers,
    glids
    QE Pajero Sport GLX: Snorkel, BOOS Bash Plates, Nudge Bar, LED Light Bar, Allin Towbar, Redarc TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Uniden UHF, and other fruit.
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by glids37 View Post
    G'day all.

I thought I read in the Owner's Manual or Manual on the Display that you could get a Mitsy dealer to remove that infernal introduction screen message that you have to agree to every time you start the vehicle.

I had our PS in for its 1500 service a couple of days ago and they advised that it cannot be removed - we are stuck with it.

Does anyone know if that is right, or can it be removed? If so, how?

Loving the vehicle!!

Cheers,
    glids
    Sorry Mate, but you're stuck with it unfortunately. No known way to remove it at this point in time.
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Inquired about it this week as well and we are stuck with it at this stage.
      Still got to explore other options yet.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Jas2909
        • Feb 2016
        • Penrith NSW

Yeah it's super annoying, there has to be a way

Comment

• Heisenberg
          • Feb 2016
          • Brisbane

The intro screen is a little annoying although you do get used to just hitting 'Agree' before you set off. This type of thing is symptomatic of an increasingly litigious society. Disclaimers everywhere.

Comment

• PaulN
            • Apr 2016
            • Queensland

I had to do a lot of stops today. Eventually decided to stop 'agreeing' to the introduction message. At least ignoring this introduction message doesn't actually affect the ability to drive the car. So instead of getting used to 'agreeing' when I start the car, I am going to get used to 'ignoring'. Radio/stored music keeps playing as well, regardless of agreeing or not.
            Pajero Sport QE GLS White

Comment

• Cory
              • Jun 2008

I am sure there must be more annoying things in the world to worry about than a nag screen...after all it takes less than a second to get rid of it...1st world problem...

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                • Apr 2015
                • Jamisontown NSW

Originally posted by PaulN View Post
                I had to do a lot of stops today. Eventually decided to stop 'agreeing' to the introduction message. At least ignoring this introduction message doesn't actually affect the ability to drive the car. So instead of getting used to 'agreeing' when I start the car, I am going to get used to 'ignoring'. Radio/stored music keeps playing as well, regardless of agreeing or not.

The world went mad a number of years ago when a grossly overweight woman in the USA bought a coffee through a MacDonalds drive through. Couple of miles down the road she spilt it and burnt her legs. She was awarded millions of dollars. That's why if you look closely on the lid of all take away coffee it says "caution, contents hot."

Personal responsibility doesn't exist any more. It's always someone else's fault. The warnings on the most innocuous products these days are are crazy.

Comment

• PaulN
                  • Apr 2016
                  • Queensland

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                  I am sure there must be more annoying things in the world to worry about than a nag screen...after all it takes less than a second to get rid of it...1st world problem...
                  I may be missing something, but with only a few exceptions, these forums seem to pretty much only discuss 1st world problems.

Comment

• Heisenberg
                    • Feb 2016
                    • Brisbane

Tried that but couldn't find the 'Ignore' button so went back to 'Agree'

Comment

• PaulN
                      • Apr 2016
                      • Queensland

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
                      Tried that but couldn't find the 'Ignore' button so went back to 'Agree'
                      I was speaking to my father yesterday about my new car. Until I went down and read the name off the name plate I was just telling him it was a big mitsubishi 'at all the times' car. He asked what 'at all the times' meant. I told him that I didn't know.

Don't get me wrong - I like the car - hate the nag screen.

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

I may be missing something, but with only a few exceptions, these forums seem to pretty much only discuss 1st world problems.
                        Anyone in the third world with a Paj, internet access and a computer is free to join.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Boomer21
                          • May 2015
                          • Brisbane, Australia

PaulN
                          Quote: Originally Posted by Cory

ian
                          anyone in the third world with a paj, internet access and a computer is free to join.

ME
                          ROFLMAO
                          Last edited by Boomer21; 13-05-16, 09:32 PM.
                          MY15 White LS Challenger ... MMA Towbar, Roo systems exhaust and ECU touring tune, Whisbar racks and .............

Comment

• Paulybabe
                            • Mar 2016
                            • Adelaide

Interesting, I own a pajero NX and I'm a bit sick of agreeing also.
                            I also own a Mercedes Vito van, it displays a warning on start for a few moments and the disappears to the last screen i was using.
                            Now why can't Mitsubishi do this?
                            Certainly for the safety consciencous Germans it seems quote ok.
                            Mrs: MY16 Pajero NX GLS DiD Auto (white), Boos bash plates, MM steel bull bar, rock sliders, catch can, D697 A/T, Redarc towpro, Airbag Man Heavy duty bags.
                            Me: 2015 Mercedes Vito 113 SWB

Comment

• Jas2909
                              • Feb 2016
                              • Penrith NSW

I do have a contact in the USA that does lots of bypass stuff for different models, I will contact him and see if he has anything for the PS, I would also like this annoying screen removed!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X