• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SMV
    • May 2014
    • Western Australia

4x4 Custom Fabrications in Perth ???

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any Custom 4x4 fabricators in Perth.

I am wanting to eventually replace the rear bumper with a steel custom job and the only ones i can find available cost a small fortune

Thanks in Advance

Steve
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

Try googling XLR8, he is in the Midland area.
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• SMV
      • May 2014
      • Western Australia

Thanks Nab.

Comment

• Wrex
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Perth

Be prepared to bend over and accept the pineapple thick end 1st for any custom rear bar in Perth.

Comment

• VirtualT
          • Jan 2015
          • Perth

Hey mate I am looking for the exact same thing in Perth, can you keep us updated with what you find? Cheers.

Comment

• Paj man
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2010
            • Perth

I'm getting a rear bar done for mine now - haven't got it quite sorted yet but I'll be putting a posted up soon about who I'm using and what the cost was.

Cheers
            1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• SMV
              • May 2014
              • Western Australia

Thanks Paj man that would be much appreciated,

VirtualT I have emailed a couple of fabricators , no response as of yet.

Will let you know if I have any luck.

Comment

• Onslow
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2007
                • Perth, Western Australia

I found these guys in my travels today:

They are some of the original fabricators from the old K&N Fabrications which was well known for doing 4wd fab work in the 90's here in Perth.

No affiliation at all.
                NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• A Sweaty Pajero
                  • Jul 2014
                  • Perth, WA

Bmk customs

You can ask this guy on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/bmkctm?v=info...com.au%2F&_rdr
                  My mate got his sliders done on his patrol here
                  He has a price list on his Facebook page and you can talk/message him on Facebook
                  1999 NL 3.5L 3" suspension, 2" body, 35" tyres and a custom front difff drop with sway bar still in.

2003 NM 3.2L diesel (injector pump issue)

Comment

• mr gus
                    • Dec 2012
                    • ne vic

Pictures please!

QUOTE=---Scarface---;424941]I got a steel rear bar fitted to my NW VRX with a single wheel carrier and kept the rear air con last year. I think it cost me about $2500 from TJM. The bar itself is an Outback Accessories bar and they now have the templates to keep the rear air con (also kept the park sensors and reverse camera).[/QUOTE]
                    NW Pajero VRX, Smartbar, Bushskinz x 5, Achilles XMT muddies, MM seatcover, Rhino crossbars, Diff breathers, 3 inch exhaust, rear shelf and diy parcel shelf.

Comment

• ---Scarface---
                      • Jul 2014
                      • Western Australia

Originally posted by mr gus View Post
                      Pictures please!

QUOTE=---Scarface---;424941]I got a steel rear bar fitted to my NW VRX with a single wheel carrier and kept the rear air con last year. I think it cost me about $2500 from TJM. The bar itself is an Outback Accessories bar and they now have the templates to keep the rear air con (also kept the park sensors and reverse camera).
                      [/QUOTE]

I will try and get the camera out today and grab some photos.

Comment

• stevemc181
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by ---Scarface---
                        I got a steel rear bar fitted to my NW VRX with a single wheel carrier and kept the rear air con last year. I think it cost me about $2500 from TJM. The bar itself is an Outback Accessories bar and they now have the templates to keep the rear air con (also kept the park sensors and reverse camera).
                        I note on the Outback Accesories website they state only suitable for a small 45litre aux tank and not models with rear air con. Obviously the website is out of date regarding the rear air con, but do you have any info regarding the Aux tank size? As I would think most Aux tanks are 58 litre minimum. Do TJM modify the bar to suit the rear air or does it come from Outback Accesories already modified?
                        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• grhyso
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Perth

When I was organising my bullbar, snorkel and winch fitment at TJM Patrick was a pleasure to deal with. Probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of dealing with at 4x4 stores.

It looks quite bulky in that picture but I'm guessing it isn't really in real life as the original outback accessories bar doesn't look too bulky. It'd still be nice for someone to design and sell a bar like the RASLARR style that comes right around and replaces the side wings also.

The camera, is that into the MMCS or an aftermarket set up? My current head unit has settings for where the camera is and can manipulate the video signal coming into it to appear as if it's in the centre of the car.
                          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• P4J3R0
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Brisbane

Some more pics please, side pics.

Looks good, did you get a second swing away ?

What is the panel on the door? Just plastic or steel? Could it be colour coded?

Cheers
                            NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• ---Scarface---
                              • Jul 2014
                              • Western Australia

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                              Some more pics please, side pics.

Looks good, did you get a second swing away ?

What is the panel on the door? Just plastic or steel? Could it be colour coded?

Cheers
                              Hi Slo87u,

I'm away until next week at work so will get some pics when I get back. I didn't get the second arm at the time (the boss said I was only allowed so much of my bonus last year to spend and considering I got the bar and a lift I figured I wouldn't push it too much ). The panel on the door is basically there to cover the holes that were left after the factory wheel bracket was taken off. It is steel so it could be colour coded. I didn't know it was going to be there when I ordered it or I'd have asked them to colour code it. Next best thing was to whack the big TJM sticker on there for the time being.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X