• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lantourismo
    • Mar 2014
    • Perth

Flare options NH

Hi,

After a search of the forum and no clear answer. I wanted to know if the factory fender flares are an easy bolt on for an NH without them or if there is an equivalent aftermarket option. Thanks
  • Meth'd_up_Mitsi
    • Nov 2019
    • Caboolture

You could adapt them.. the factory fenders have slots/holes in the them to accept a plastic dowel. But instead you could just Sikaflex the top part just under the weather seal trip so it keeps close to the body line. The underside attaches via rivets and screws around the wheel arch, and along the sill.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just Cruzin
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2014
      • Pakenham

If you just wanted flares and not the full body kit, look at the NL Escape, I'm sure you could make it work.
      99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• Lantourismo
        • Mar 2014
        • Perth

Originally posted by Meth'd_up_Mitsi View Post
        You could adapt them.. the factory fenders have slots/holes in the them to accept a plastic dowel. But instead you could just Sikaflex the top part just under the weather seal trip so it keeps close to the body line. The underside attaches via rivets and screws around the wheel arch, and along the sill.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
        That could work. I was wondering if the guards were the same just one had flares an one didnt an maybe i could bolt up guards from a car that came with flares.

Is the rear the same deal?.

Comment

• stumagoo
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by Lantourismo View Post
          That could work. I was wondering if the guards were the same just one had flares an one didnt an maybe i could bolt up guards from a car that came with flares.

Is the rear the same deal?.

yes it is - I have fitted factory flares to my NJ with this method and modified and fitted flares to a NL blister with it as well
          1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
          *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
          1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Lantourismo
            • Mar 2014
            • Perth

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
            yes it is - I have fitted factory flares to my NJ with this method and modified and fitted flares to a NL blister with it as well
            Cheers. Just wondering why this car didnt get them from factory.

Did you use factory bolts/clips? The rear looks more involved.

Comment

• stumagoo
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Perth WA S.O.R

it was a spec level thing ---- the high spec level ones got flares the lower specs did not (in general)
              1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
              1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Lantourismo
                • Mar 2014
                • Perth

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                Does the flares come part of the extra trim that runs along the bottom doors and an rear bumper. Did you fit that aswell. Interested to know more on the process you used.

Thanks

Comment

• stumagoo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by Lantourismo View Post
                  Does the flares come part of the extra trim that runs along the bottom doors and an rear bumper. Did you fit that aswell. Interested to know more on the process you used.

Thanks

yep its all the same they have little clips (like the inside of the door trim) and screws on the underside of the guards and the bottom of the sill cover... I put a blob of urethane type winscreen adhesive at each location of the plastic clip and used masking tape to hold in place --- the rear door part has a little bracket that needs to be popriveted in place on the door as well - a drill to put screw holes into the locations under the sill and on the guards is easy enough

all in all its an hour or 2 to glue them on and tape them up --- leave for the rest of the day, then remove the tape and you are all good

Comment

• Falcman007
                    • Jan 2012
                    • Tas

Did you find any mate? I got some on ebay from maylasia, 400 bucks. Look great!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X