• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpanishForWhat?
    • Mar 2016
    • Perth

Greetings from Perth

"Hi everyone. My name is Jaspar, and I have a problem".

That's usually how these things go, right?

Bought my self a '11 NT Pajero used in Dec '14. Despite being an ex-Pilbara fleet rental, was in pretty good shape.

My previous vehicle (which I still have) is an imported '89 Nissan Terrano, which I spent absurd amounts of money on by overhauling/upgrading just about every part on it.

Needless to say, the NT Pajero felt like a luxury car by comparison.

Have been fairly happy with the vehicle, but have been chasing my tail on a few problems as of late.

I was hoping to get away camping every now and then, but a change in circumstances has seen the Pajero instead doing about 800kms/week on the freeway, between home, work, and as of recent - TAFE.

The Pajero itself is still very standard:

I have a full set of Bushskinz guards, although the transmission/transfer plates are not fitted while I have been troubleshooting.

Timing chain tensioner recall has been carried out.

Recently did a full AT service at 85k, new pan, new filter. Still think the AT is a bit suspicious though.

Fitted new Bilstein B6 shocks 6 days ago to replace the factory shocks - no lift for me. They handle very well, although are a little too firm on WA roads in my opinion. If I was setting lap times on a race track, then they would be great.
    I have ordered a set of Koni Heavy Tracks to replace the Bilsteins for a more comfortable "touring" type setup rather than a "racing" setup.

If I ever magically find some free time, I hope to fit the extensive sound system that I have pieced together. But at this stage I have very little hope of finding the time!

Looking forward to learning lots of tips and tricks on these vehicles. They are awfully complicated compared to my last 4WD!
    I used to be known as the best information source for the WD21 Terrano in Australia, but again, much simpler vehicle.
    '11 NT GL

Service Manual for Gen 4 Pajero
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

Welcome Jasper,

Certainly a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

As far as your auto goes what Auto fluid did you use?

My NS just has the standard 6 cd stacker still but I did replace and upgrade the stock speakers as they were crap.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
      • Mar 2016
      • Perth

Hi craka,

I used Penrite ATF FS.

It is a fully synthetic fluid and Penrite claims that it meets the supposed ATF-PA spec that Mitsubishi has specified for the Aisin 5 speed.
      I believe that Toyota's ATF spec for the same Aisin 5 speed is Toyota WS. I can only assume these are essentially the same specification that has been chosen by Aisin.

I believe the AT in the NS is a Jatco unit, which simply uses Dex III.
      '11 NT GL

Service Manual for Gen 4 Pajero

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X