• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

Are you really a Yank? Not one big V8 monster around. You must feel out of place in Texas.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• ScottBrownAdventurer
      • Dec 2012
      • Denton, Texas (USA)

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
      Are you really a Yank? Not one big V8 monster around. You must feel out of place in Texas.
      I have no need to compensate for anything in my britches.... and my melon actually has a brain in it. Britches, do y'all know what those are? The Montero performs superbly for my needs. The cruiser, well, it may see a Chevrolet 5.3L Vortech petrol engine or a 6.5L diesel at some point in the future, but for now the 3FE with a manual transmission is a good combination.

Comment

• Goodsy
        Who ya gunna call....
        • Dec 2010
        • Hervey Bay

Yes we know what britches are. We call them undies. Because they go under your pants.
        So you could say Superman wore overies.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• wrexy
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Bakers Hill, WA

Nice to see you towing that Dodge up the hill !! LoL.
          MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
          Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
          http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

• Theo4x4
            • Jan 2012
            • Sweden

Wow!Nice Pics,and Greta looking truckWelcome to the best site on the net

Theo
            2001 Exeed V6 GDI

Comment

• ScottBrownAdventurer
              • Dec 2012
              • Denton, Texas (USA)

Had some fun this weekend....

And the day after.

Comment

• derrilex
                • Dec 2009
                • Brisbane

Crikey !!!

Comment

• mmannion
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • Birth place of QLD

At least it's clean . The last 2 pics are not showing up for me......so did you come out of it relatively unscathed?
                  02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• GHendo
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Northern NSW

Hi Scott

Don't know how I missed your thread earlier - have just been marvelling at your pics - the landscapes, your truck and your lovely wife.

As mmannion said, the last two photos don't seem to come up for me either. Seeing you said you were having fun I presume you didn't do too much damage.

Cheers

Geoff
                    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Dusco
                      • Nov 2012
                      • Bairnsdale 3875

for those who cannot see the photos ....
                      Photos are of a nice beige Pajero gen 2 in a lovely river
                      with water up to the door handles and a tow rope being placed
                      on the front.

or maybe fishing using the pajero as bait...
                      heard fish are big in texas...?
                      04 GLS NP 3.2 AUTO Diesel, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, 81L Aux Tank, UHF Roof Console, Alloy Bull Bar, Lovell 36mm Nitro Gas Shocks, Lovell HD 50mm Lift, Rear Poly Air Bags, 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks, 65L Waeco CFX Fridge/Freezer, Kings Rooftop Tent.

Comment

• mmannion
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by Dusco View Post
                        for those who cannot see the photos ....
                        Photos are of a nice beige Pajero gen 2 in a lovely river
                        with water up to the door handles and a tow rope being placed
                        on the front.

or maybe fishing using the pajero as bait...
                        heard fish are big in texas...?
                        We can see those two pics, it's the two last ones we can't see.......just showing up as little blue boxes with? In them.
                        02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• GHendo
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • Northern NSW

Originally posted by mmannion View Post
                          We can see those two pics, it's the two last ones we can't see.......just showing up as little blue boxes with? In them.
                          Ditto

Geoff
                          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Dusco
                            • Nov 2012
                            • Bairnsdale 3875

Oh .... Them that's easy they're little blue outlined boxes......hahaha
                            I can't see em either ..... bugger haha
                            04 GLS NP 3.2 AUTO Diesel, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, 81L Aux Tank, UHF Roof Console, Alloy Bull Bar, Lovell 36mm Nitro Gas Shocks, Lovell HD 50mm Lift, Rear Poly Air Bags, 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks, 65L Waeco CFX Fridge/Freezer, Kings Rooftop Tent.

Comment

• ScottBrownAdventurer
                              • Dec 2012
                              • Denton, Texas (USA)

Facebook is becoming much quicker at breaking the links...

I attached them so that they may last longer!

As for the back story, I followed the Tacoma across. Was a dicey crossing with a strong current. I made it across only for the suspension to load and unload as soon as I hit the opposite bank. As soon as the suspension unloaded the rear end swept around in a millisecond and I lost traction and moment with the force of the water. It'd have been an appropriate time to slam the truck in reverse but my thoughts were to just gtfo of the river.

We had an 80 series in the group sporting 38" Toyo rubber cross further upstream and come back down to do a double line pull on the truck. It took about 3 hours to get the truck out of the river.

I lost the MAF and drove 30 miles to town to replace the transmission fluid (I only had one spare gallon and need 1.5 gallons...) front diff and tcase oils since they're all vented to the fender behind the snorkel.

My preparations allowed for occasional, quick dips into deep water, not full on long term submersion. The truck ran for a couple of minutes submerged as you see it before the airbox seeped with enough water to be ingested. Once we got onto the gravel bar, I pulled the plugs and ejected the water from the cylinders. Took my time. Did it right. Like I said, we drove the truck back to town fixed, the issues then met the group back in the woods.

More pics on my site. http://www.lifestylesinlight.com/Pho...0957&k=6tVDdLt
                              Attached Files

Comment

• ScottBrownAdventurer
                                • Dec 2012
                                • Denton, Texas (USA)

Here are two pics from the spectators' stand....

The second pic, btw, is the actual depth of the water (non dug in and sunk-eded....)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X