Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 15-07-13
Valued Member

Default Does the NT have an OBD II port?

I have been asked by the local motoring organisation to be involved in a trial of a new mobile telematics application they are developing. It is part of a beta test process. To be able to participate I need an iPhone and an OBD II port in the pajero.

Anyone know if I have one of these beasties?

Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket
Old 15-07-13
Valued Member

Sure does, I've hooked my NT up to my iPhone with a Kiwi unit before.
Old 15-07-13
Valued Member

Yes it does John. Can use an Ultragauge or Scangauge with this connection to give you heaps of data readings. We use the Ultragauge - find it easier to read.

Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 15-07-13
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

I don't know if you have an iphone (that is personal choice) but your ODB II port is under the dash just to the left of the steering column
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 18-07-13

I'm having a lot of fun with a $12 ebay Bluetooth obd ii transmitter. couple that to a Torque app on android. I don't know about iphone support.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rquefree&hl=en

- David
My convoy name was beervan, but when it had all gone my callsign changed.... and has stayed that ever since.
Old 18-07-13

Default Ultragauge Vendors

Sally is the Ultragauge only available from the U.S. or did you source yours locally; had a look on the web and could only find the U.S. supplier.

But pretty sure I have seen it advertised locally...........

Greg

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Slide, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, home built tinny loader -More to come
Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186
Old 18-07-13
Valued Member

Hi Greg,

Yes, that's right. But you set all the gauges to read metric.
Got it from here:

http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

The Scangauge has the auto trans temp and this one doesn't, but out of the two, IMO, this one is heaps easier to read. So we really only wanted the engine temp, speed, RPM, boost, and a few others, but you can do 8 pages!

Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Old 18-07-13

Default Ultragauge

Thanks Sally,

Timely that you pointed out that Ultragauge does not do Txmsn Temp, as that is one of the major functions I was looking for.

I'll do some more research.

Greg

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Slide, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, home built tinny loader -More to come
Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186
Old 18-07-13
Valued Member

Yeah, that was the only thing with the Ultragauge Greg, but the Scangauge uses the old type LCD screen - a bit small for hubby to see!

You can get a stand alopne gauge for auto trans from Wholesale Auto Trans.

http://www.automatictransmission.com...p?NewsId=42067

Might look at doing this sometime, although MM says that the alarm will come on at 140 degrees to let you know to stop! Most have reported when towing, it sits on under 100 degrees, so hopefully it is not needed! That's a fair way over before the alarm comes on!!

Cheers,
Sally

Old 18-07-13
Valued Member

im of a different mind, where i prefer the scangauge....as its a much more compact unit, i reckon its super easy to read and colour matches my dash lights perfectly.....also with the blendmount it sits perfectly above my rear view mirrow and not on the windscreen where it just sits annoyingly in my view

I also tuck my gps tightly into the a pillar corner so that space would be a no go anyways